Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log search and mail it if the log is updated before 24 hours from the current time Post 302831275 by Kalaihari on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 03:51:01 PM
Old 07-10-2013
Super Dude... Will try your idea and let you know the result asap.. Thanks a lot for the valuable info SmilieSmilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not getting current error messages with time from alert.log

Hi All, I need to get current error messages with time from alert.log.Below is my shell script but it's not working to meet this objective. could anyone pls share on the above issue for resolution: #################################################################### ## ckalertlog.sh ##... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
2 Replies

2. Solaris

files updated in last 10 hours should be moved

Hi, I would like to move all files that are updated in last 10 hrs. to some temporary folder. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute crontab for every 4 hours and begin from current time

I want to add a crontab entry which should execute for every 4 hours and that 4 hours calculation should begin from the current time. Normally if I set the crontab entry like this, 00 */4 30 05 * root date >>/tmp/cronout The above will execute the date command for every 4 hours like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganeshwari
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files

How can view log messages between two time frame from /var/log/message or any type of log files. when logfiles are very big and especially many messages with in few minutes, I would like to display log messages between 5 minute interval. Could you pls give me the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sort current logged in users by log in time (supposedly to be very easy but I'm missing something)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Show all users who are currently logged in, sorted from earliest to latest log in time. The log in time includes the month, day, and time. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: finger, who, sort, pipe, head, tail, ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtmd
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Search for text between two time frame (12 hours)

I have created the script to grep the errors from weblogic logs files and redirecting output to file.txt ...From file.txt I'm using awk command to collect the past 20 mins output...The script running from cron every 15 mins... The script working well... Now the challenges, I'm trying to use... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
27 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for logs traced between specific date and time from log file

HI, I want to search for a logs which are trace between specific date and time from logs file. My logs are generated like this :- Tue Jun 18 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to process. Thu Jun 20 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the string in the active log and send mail

Hello, I wanted to search specific string in the acitve log file and send an email if the search string found in the log. Log file is written by application all the time. So, script has to search if any new log entry has the specific string for example " sample exception" and send an email. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balareddy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File updated time

hi can any one please help on below .im new to shell scrpting i need to write a shell script which will check particular log file is presented or not in specific location ,if yes how long it was not modified/not rolling ?if its not modified/log is not rolling script will have to send mail (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4Learning
9 Replies
leave(1)						      General Commands Manual							  leave(1)

NAME
leave - remind you when you have to leave SYNOPSIS
[hhmm] DESCRIPTION
The command waits until the specified time, then reminds you to leave. You are reminded 5 minutes and 1 minute before the actual time, at the time, and every minute thereafter. When you log off, exits. The time of day is in the form hhmm, where hh is a time in hours (which can range from 0 through 11 or 0 through 24 hours), and mm is the number of minutes after the specified hour. If the value of hh is greater than 11 (24-hour clock time), the specified value is reduced by 12 to a new value in the range of 0 through 11, thus ensuring that the alarm time is always set to activate within the next 12 hours. For example, if hhmm is 1350 and the current time is 4:00 PM (1600), the 1350 value is changed to 150 and the alarm is set for 1:50 AM, nine hours and 50 minutes later. On the other hand, if it is 9:00 AM and hhmm is specified as 2200 (10:00 PM), the value used is converted to 1000 and the alarm is set for one hour later instead of 13 hours as specified. If no argument is provided, prompts with A reply of newline causes to exit; otherwise the reply is assumed to be a time. This form is suitable for inclusion in a or file. The command ignores interrupts, quits, and terminate signals. To get rid of it you should either log off or use giving its process ID. EXAMPLES
The command sends an alarm (a beep) to your terminal to remind you that you have to leave at 12:04 and reminds you that you are late at one minute intervals after 12:04. WARNINGS
The command checks to see if a user has logged out by checking the file every 100 seconds. If a user logs out and logs back in to the same tty before makes its periodic check, may not know that the user has logged out. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
calendar(1). leave(1)