Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE PAM password change failed, pam error 20 Post 302831235 by DGPickett on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 01:10:37 PM
Old 07-10-2013
Did you try ssh -t and ssh -tt to give it a terminal, so your results will match interactive ones? Do you set the environment like .profile in your ssh session or script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PAM Error messages on Server

Hi, I have CVSNT installed on my Linux machine and sometimes the server goes down with the following error in /var/log/messages. Does anyone know the approach that need to followed to investigate to resolve the same. If so , please let me know. Nov 23 05:57:43 <server ip> cvsnt(pam_unix):... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
7 Replies

2. Solaris

PAM, Solaris, Openssh and Forcing a password change

Here's the issue. Currently when I run passwd -f "username" on any account, when I try to login with said account I don't get prompted to change my password I just keep getting prompted to input a password. (Of course this works just fine with telnet)Is there something i need to add to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

3. Solaris

PAM settings.

Hi Experts, Appended is the pam.conf file in my Sol 5.10 client which uses AD for authentication(Followed scott Lowe's blog on AD-Solaris integration): bash-3.00# cat /etc/pam.conf ##ident "@(#)pam.conf 1.31 07/12/07 SMI" # Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Pam Module sending a cannot get password enry after certain period in /var/adm/messag

Pam Module sending a cannot get password enry after certain period in /var/adm/message. pam_login_limit(auth): Cannot get Password entry for user 'dbsnmp' What is dbsnmp? Also if account is locked does pam module checks for this locked account at regular interval and keeps on posting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: student2009
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using PAM to log password changes?

Hi, on a lab computer another user (who is a sudoer) changed my password without my permission. I'm pretty positive it was her, though I can't conclusively prove it. I had my friend, who is another sudoer on the machine, fix it and make me a sudoer now too. So everything is fine, but I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: declannalced
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Error opening PAM libraries : solaris 10 on vmware workstation

Hi Admins, I am facing an issue with Solaris 10 sitting on vmware workstation... When I start it, it gives me an error : "Error opening PAM libraries, contact system administrator" Also I can reach it via putty, but none of the id/passwd working. I did revert pam.conf. But still no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

7. Solaris

pam sshd error

Hi I wanted to convert my pam libraries to 64 bit. so recently compiled my pam_banner and pam_wheel to 64 bit. I got the following error... sshd: dlsym failed pam_sm_authenticate:error ld.so.1 : sshd fatal: pam_sm_authenticate: can't find symbol thnaks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris and PAM Password policy

Hello All, I have Sun DSEE7 (11g) on Solaris 10. I have run idsconfig and initialized ldap client with profile created using idsconfig. My ldap authentication works. Here is my pam.conf # Authentication management # # login service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth) # login ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandu345
3 Replies

9. Linux

Password hardening using pam

Hi We have a requirement to vary the minimum password criteria by the group to which a user belongs. For example a standard user should have a password with a minimum length of 12 and containing a mix of characters whereas an administrator should have a password with a minimum length of 14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregsih
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X LDAP client not accepting ssh or console logins (PAM error)

Hi Folks, I've install 389 Directory Server on a Centos 7.0 server. Over the last two days I've been trying to connect a MacBook running 10.10.5 to the server as a client and I'm having only partial success. I've "Joined" to my network Account Server, and set my LDAP Mappings to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlh
2 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)