Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] OpenSSL/Wget
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] OpenSSL/Wget Post 302831223 by maverick_here on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 12:43:51 PM
Old 07-10-2013
The issue is now resolved. It was an issue with proxy authentication.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: thanks for the update. Changed thread title accordingly.

Last edited by bakunin; 07-10-2013 at 01:49 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Wget command to download file

Hi I am trying to download the file using wget command. But The password was created as pwd$$ for the user xyz. When i give the command as below it is not downloading the file. Will the password has $$ causing this issue. wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Openssl vulnerabilities

Hi there, The following openssl package are installed on the machine (openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64). It isn't the last version but I need to known if this content Vulnerabilities... How to check that on RedHat? Could you please tell me how to find this information?? Thankx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiero_nymus
3 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Openssl upgrade

Hello Admins. I need to upgrade the openssl version in Solaris 10 due to vulnerabilities. When I checked the current version, it shows: bash-3.2# openssl version OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 bash-3.2# which openssl /usr/bin/openssl When I installed the new one, its getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies
bsetroot(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bsetroot(1)

NAME
bsetroot - blackbox utility to change root window appearance SYNOPSIS
bsetroot -help bsetroot [ -display display ] -solid color bsetroot [ -display display ] -mod x y -fg color -bg color bsetroot [ -display display ] -gradient texture -from color -to color DESCRIPTION
Bsetroot is a utility that can control the appearance of the root window in three ways: Either give it a solid color, or write a two color modula pattern to it, or render a gradient texture, based on two different colors. Bsetroot resembles xsetroot(1) in this functionality but it supports multiple screen displays, and gradient textures the same way as Black- box does. It doesn't handle cursors etc. Bsetroot is part of the Blackbox package. OPTIONS
Bsetroot operates in three ways, you must choose one of the first 3 options: -solid color Sets the root window to specified color. -mod x y Creates a modula pattern. You must specify -bg and -fg colors. -gradient texturestring Renders the specified texture string to the root window. For possible texture strings, please refer to blackbox(1). You must also specify both a -from and a -to color. -display display Tells Bsetroot to connect to the specified display. -bg, -background color Background color. Needed for -mod patterns. -fg, -foreground color Foreground color. Needed for -mod patterns. -from color Start color for rendering textures. Needed for -gradient operation mode. -to color Ending color for rendering textures. Needed for -gradient operation mode. -help Prints version info and short help text. AUTHOR
Bsetroot was written and maintained by Brad Hughes (blackbox@alug.org) and Jeff Raven (jraven@psu.edu). SEE ALSO
blackbox(1) 0.60.3 June 16th, 2000 bsetroot(1)