Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Router console usage
Special Forums IP Networking Router console usage Post 302830983 by dextergenious on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 03:13:01 AM
Old 07-10-2013
Router console usage

Hi,

Just want to know if there is any way to check when the console port of router (Cisco) was last accessed (I mean, if somebody uses it in my absence)

Help is appreciated !

Thanks,

Dexter

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find JVM memory usage in shell console

i need to find memory usage by JVM in shell prompt, i tried with pidVal=$( ps -ef | grep "/opt/bea2/jrockit/bin/java -jrockit" | grep -v grep | awk -F' ' '{print $2}' | tr "\n" "," | cut -d ',' -f1 ) top -b -n 1 | grep $pidVal this will just give cpu usage and ram... How do i find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies
DCONS(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  DCONS(4)

NAME
dcons -- dumb console device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options GDB device firewire device dcons Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options GDB and in loader.conf(5): dcons_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The dcons device is a simple console device which just reads from and writes to an allocated buffer for input and output respectively. It is of no use by itself and it is supposed that the buffer is accessed via a bus like firewire(4) or kvm(3) for interaction. The buffer consists of 4 channels. There are 2 ports, one for the console TTY and another is GDB port, then each port has an input channel and an output channel. FILES
/dev/dcons /etc/ttys EXAMPLES
If you want to run getty(8) on dcons, insert the following line into ttys(5) and send a HUP signal to init(8) using kill(1). dcons "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" vt100 on secure Once the fwohci(4) device is initialized to allow physical access, the buffer can be accessed from another host via a firewire(4) bus using the dconschat(8) application. See dconschat(8) for more details. If you want to use dcons(4) as a gdb(1) port, add the following line into loader.conf(5): dcons_gdb="1" SEE ALSO
dcons_crom(4), ddb(4), firewire(4), fwohci(4), gdb(4), ttys(5), conscontrol(8), dconschat(8), fwcontrol(8) AUTHORS
Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
This driver is currently under development. BSD
January 26, 2008 BSD