Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command execution from other directory Post 302830981 by munna_dude on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 03:04:41 AM
Old 07-10-2013
Command execution from other directory

Hi,

I need to execute some commands in a directory.

script called test.sh from /usr/bin/

and the commands which are there in the script needs to be executed from /etc/ and come back to another directory /lib/ and execute some commands which are there in the script.

Hope you understand the issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command execution ??

hi i have small shell script as follows cd /utilities/promoter/tmp grep SENDREPLY $1 | grep 'zzzzz@zzz.com' | awk -F" -f1 > /tmp/$LOGNAME/$1.request cd /tmp/$LOGNAME grep -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > upd_$1.txt grep -v -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > copy_$1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script execution dependent upon a file landing in a certain directory

Hi all, I'm looking to write a script that is dependent upon the existence of 2 files each in separate directories. My thought was to do: **psuedo code ** execute script check directory 1 for file1 if file exists then execute script 2 ( checking directory 2 for file 2) else... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keladar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

slow command execution?

Dear World, I just wrote a script, which puzzled me somewhat. The siginficant code was: for file in `ls splits*`; # splits* came from a split command executed earlier do tail -$SomeNumber $file | cut -d" " -f6 > $file; done; The interesting thing is this: A few of the $files were... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BandGap
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote command execution

We have multiple Unix servers and a particular command can only be executed in one of the box from a specific path. I have password-less ssh set up for all the boxes. I am unsure the command to use to execute that particular command from any other box. To be specific say program named _my_exe_ can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command execution alert

hi Guys! My requirement is... I need to get notified if somebody executes a specific commands...like kill or httpd stop.... something like that.... can somebody help me out... Regards, kiran (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code for execution command by command

a) cd /root/user/dir/sd/disk ./runInstaller -silent -responseFile b) cd /root1/user1 cp /root/user/dir/sd/disk/ram.txt now a) executes and starts running but b) interupts a) and is executed while a) is running on the other hand so I want b) to start only after successfull completion of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriki32
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution

I want to open more than 2 files(f1,f2). commands for opening those files are stored in one file (f3). command to execute the file (f3). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahendravarma
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of command at command prompt

Hello Experts, I am still learning linux and have come across a question, hope to get some answer. I have two servers, and both have the same version of svn client installed and both have the same user_id. my SVN client version: svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) compiled Mar 2 2011,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
4 Replies
SETUID(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)