Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generating Dynamic Scripts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Generating Dynamic Scripts Post 302830953 by gacanepa on Tuesday 9th of July 2013 10:58:23 PM
Old 07-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mora
Hi,

...we are getting files with in-proper delimiters because of which our data load is failing to avoid this we want to generate dynamic scripts as below.

Read the no of delimiters(which is dynamic in each file)...
First off, you say that you are getting files with some kind of 'wrong delimiters'. Can you post an example along with the exact corrections that should be made to that specific file? Also, about these 'wrong delimiters'... are they always the same? (is it always a blank space, or a hyphen, etc., or are there more than one kind of 'wrong delimiters' in the same file?
Quote:
...and generate a file in /tmp/ with the below structure, so that we will call the generated file and create the object in database.

if the file has 3 delimiters than the structure should be as below.

create table REC_PRD.File_Name
(column_1 char(30),
column_2 char(30),
column_3 char(30) )
So depending on the number of delimiters you want to create a file with a query to your database, correct?

Please provide these details in order for us to help you. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

generating timer

I'm trying generate an interrupt every 1 seconds using itimer and My clock is not running. This is what i did : printf("about to sleep for 1 second \n"); signal(SIGALRM, wakeup); //myTimer.it_interval.tv_sec=0; //myTimer.it_interval.tv_usec =0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating a CDR file using PHP scripts.

Hi, I need to do croning in PHP to generate a CDR (Call Details Record) file daily from the mysql database. The CDR file has to be named in a certain sequence such as xx00000xxx200604080850.cdr. A new file is written every day. The generated CDR file is then ftp over to a server. I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurl
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripts - File generating

Forgive the daft requests - I'm still a learner :D I need a script so that I can test another script (I'm confused already) The script I am looking for should generate a new file in the same directory (called newfile1 or what ever) and also generate text within the new file (Hello world? What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Combinations

Hi, I need to generate all combinations upto n-1 level, if the input file looks like say, A B C D . . .... I need to generate all combinations such that first value remains constant and the remaning are combined with all possible ways. Output A AB AC AD ABC (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorg4u
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts - Dynamic text

Hi, I have a file in which I have to replace the text with system date. The text needs to be changed on daily basis automatically. Assume, in "test.txt", I have below lines: LOAD FILE MYFILE 'c:/test/test_2010_09_24.txt ----- ----- In the above, MYFILE value changes every day, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psnmak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with generating a script

I am a biologist who is new to linux and am having difficulty generating a script to do what I want it to do! I have tried basic grep commands, but even that does not give me back the data I want. I have many files that are all currently in .xslx and I'm not sure if they need to be .csv or .txt... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating dynamic variables

Hi , i am unable to generate dynamic variables can any one please help me on the below issue j=1 {record_count_"$j"}=`db2 -xselect substr\(job_name,24\) rec_count from $libname.audit_table_nrt where job_name like \'DATAMART_DEL_RUN%\' and STS_FLAG=\'E\' and seq_no=$i` echo " record... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
3 Replies
GETFIELDS(2)							System Calls Manual						      GETFIELDS(2)

NAME
getfields, getmfields, setfields, tokenize - break a string into fields SYNOPSIS
#include <u.h> #include <libc.h> int getfields(char *str, char **ptrs, int nptrs) int getmfields(char *str, char **ptrs, int nptrs) char* setfields(char *fielddelim) int tokenize(char *str, char **args, int max) DESCRIPTION
Getfields breaks the null-terminated string str into at most nptrs null-terminated fields and places pointers to the start of these fields in the array ptrs. It returns the number of fields and terminates the list of pointers with a zero pointer. It overwrites some of the bytes in str. If there are nptr or more fields, the list will not end with zero and the last `field' will extend to the end of the input string and may contain delimiters. A field is defined as a maximal sequence of characters not in a set of field delimiters. Adjacent fields are separated by exactly one delimiter. No field follows a delimiter at the end of string. Thus a string of just two delimiter characters contains two empty fields, and a nonempty string with no delimiters contains one field. Getmfields is the same as getfields except that fields are separated by maximal strings of field delimiters rather than just one. Setfields makes the field delimiters (space and tab by default) be the characters of the string fielddelim and returns a pointer to a string of the previous delimiters. Tokenize breaks null-terminated string str into tokens by replacing every blank or newline with a null byte. Pointers to successive non- empty tokens are placed in args. Processing stops after max tokens are processed. Tokenize returns the number of tokens processed. Tok- enize does not terminate args with a null pointer. Alef Of these routines, only tokenize is in Alef. SOURCE
/sys/src/libc/port/getfields.c /sys/src/libc/port/tokenize.c SEE ALSO
strtok in strcat(2) GETFIELDS(2)