Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 Learning Path
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Learning Path Post 302830661 by sanz.rigo on Tuesday 9th of July 2013 09:25:51 AM
Old 07-09-2013
Solaris 10 Learning Path

Hello, Im fairly new to the UNIX world. Although I have taken Linux admin classes, it's not enough compared on what you do at your job. I just got a new job and they want me to learn Solaris, I got some good books and I started to read, I run the commands and try to follow some basics examples. Problem is that I feel that's not enough to learn, I need to be able to break things down and put them back to work (I have Solaris on a VB and a real server at work to play with).

I'd like to ask what projects or learning paths should I take to start learning Solaris, Someone recommended to do a file server, but I'd like to know what else it's involved with the creation of it (to make it functional). Does anybody have any special projects for me to work on, that will help me to learn Solaris? ALl the books and the documentation doesn't really suggest any projects for learning.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

path name for Solaris 8 ?

hello all, instead of type pwd everytime to find down where I am at. is there a command set prompt to put in to your profile on shell so it invisible every you type cd? thanks in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Font Path ...

Hello, I feel a little initimidated to ask this question, but ... where am I able to find the font path (Solaris 8)? Bye Sysadv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysadv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Learning Materials

I'm new to Solaris. Please let me know, where can i find good, explaining and easy learning tutorials in web. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moorthy123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10.0 PATH environment

Hello, I am using Solaris 10.0 and defining PATH on command line by the following way: #export PATH=/usr/sfw/bin.... ...but after restart, Solaris forgets what I defined and I need to re-define the same PATH environment. I want to to get defined my PATH environment during booting... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: XNOR
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Learning solaris 10 resources

This is my site and i hope it is useful for unix beginner http://www.learning-solaris.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoanginlove81
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Help on learning Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, Im new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone can help me. Im working in a Unix environment at the moment and have decided to take up learning Sun Solaris 10 however im struggling to find and good learning books / websites, can anyone point me to any good sites that might help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjdude
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PATH on solaris 8 (bash)

Im trying to setup my profile to export the PATH at login i had this in my .bashrc export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/ however when i login and type echo $PATH i only get bash-2.05$ echo $PATH /usr/bin: any ideas on what im doing wrong? ive used linux for years but this is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: recklessop
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Learning Solaris

Is possible to learn Solaris 10 from guides for Solaris 9 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX learning path: suggestions

Hello, Am fresher to AIX domain but trained in RHEL 5. I want to go for AIX certifications in future and very much eager to learn AIX from basics.Kindly provide me the guides or the links or the books for study. What are the recent IBM AIX certifications in the market as of today and their... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheerbk
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Boot Path

Hello, I have one query 1) how to find in Solaris 10 a) Boot Path b) Boot Disk name Pls help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies
scratch(1)						      General Commands Manual							scratch(1)

NAME
Scratch - An easy to use interactive programming environment for ages 8 and up. Description Scratch is an easy, interactive, collaborative programming environment designed for creation of interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and sharing these on the web. Scratch is designed to help young people (ages 8 and up) develop 21st century learning skills. As they create Scratch projects, young people learn important mathematical and computational ideas, while also gaining a deeper understanding of the process of design. This man page contains basic information about Scratch. For additional information, see the Scratch website at http://scratch.mit.edu. OPTIONS
Options are set through the .scratch.ini file in the user's home directory. For instructions on how to edit this file, see http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Network_Installation. BUGS
Please report bugs to the package maintainer. For the most recent version of this package, see http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Linux_installer FILES
/usr/bin/scratch - scratch startup script /usr/lib/scratch/ - Contains Scratch.image (Squeak image containing Scratch code), and scratch.ini file /usr/share/scratch/- Contains subdirectories with Scratch media library, sample projects, and language files. COPYRIGHT
Scratch is Copyright (C) 2011 Massachusetts Institute of Technology and released under the GPL v2. See the LICENSE file included with the source code. The Scratch logo, the Scratch cat, and Gobo are trademarks of MIT and may not be used in substantially modified programs based on the Scratch source code. Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT Media Lab. See http://scratch.mit.edu scratch(1)