Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Openssl issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Openssl issue Post 302830425 by Just Ice on Monday 8th of July 2013 06:14:20 PM
Old 07-08-2013
after you understand the man page info, check the -k option to openssl for supplying the password ...
Code:
root@debiangeek:~# echo 'foo' | openssl aes-256-cbc -a -salt -k 123abc
U2FsdGVkX19qZvtvojYJL3aTXiQL+IGoj5oMLwuxmPg=
root@debiangeek:~#

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

openssl ca ke issue

Hi everybody: here is my tale: I need to create some ssl certificates, so I did it with my Linux; I created de CA key and all the other stuff, and of course the certificates needed. The thing is I had to replace mi hard drive and I backed up all the info but I forgot to backup the /etc/ssl. Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. AIX

openssl issue

Gurus, As per audit recommendation i have installed openssl.base 0.9.8.803 and upgraded openssl from 9.7l to 9.8 as prerequisits. But post these installation ssh fails with below error message. exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors: 0509-150 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Issue w/manually installing OpenSSL 1.0.1j

My Redhat Enterprise 5 system is vulnerable to POODLE and there does not seem to be a Redhat fix coming down the pipe. So I have downloaded OpenSSL 1.0.1j from source and built it. My question is ho do I make sure the Apache and Tomcat use the1.0.1j version and not the distro version. Thanks,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Openssl vulnerabilities

Hi there, The following openssl package are installed on the machine (openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64). It isn't the last version but I need to known if this content Vulnerabilities... How to check that on RedHat? Could you please tell me how to find this information?? Thankx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiero_nymus
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Openssl upgrade

Hello Admins. I need to upgrade the openssl version in Solaris 10 due to vulnerabilities. When I checked the current version, it shows: bash-3.2# openssl version OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 bash-3.2# which openssl /usr/bin/openssl When I installed the new one, its getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies
pmt-ehd(8)							     pam_mount								pmt-ehd(8)

Name
       pmt-ehd - create an encrypted disk image

Syntax
       pmt-ehd [-DFx] [-c fscipher] [-h digest] [-i cipher] [-k fscipher_keybits] [-t fstype] -f container_path -p fskey_path -s size_in_mb

Options
       Mandatory options that are absent are inquired interactively, and pmt-ehd will exit if stdin is not a terminal.

-D     Turn on debugging strings.

-F     Force operation that would otherwise ask for interactive confirmation. Multiple -F can be specified to apply more force.

-c cipher
	      The  cipher  to  be  used for the filesystem. This can take any value that cryptsetup(8) recognizes, usually in the form of "cipher-
	      mode[-extras]".  Recommended are aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 (this is the default) or blowfish-cbc-essiv:sha256.

-f path
	      Store the new disk image at path. If the file already exists, pmt-ehd will prompt before overwriting unless -F  is  given.  If  path
	      refers to a symlink, pmt-ehd will act even more cautious.

-h digest
	      Digest used for fskey derivation from the password. This can take any value that OpenSSL recognizes. The default is sha1.

-i cipher
	      Cipher  used  for the filesystem key (not the encrypted filesystem itself). This can take any value that OpenSSL recognizes, usually
	      in the form of "cipher-keysize-mode". Recommended is aes-256-cbc (this is the default).

-k keybits
	      The keysize for the cipher specified with -c. Some ciphers support multiple keysizes, AES for example is available with at least the
	      keysizes 192 and 256.  Example: -c aes-cbc-essiv:sha256 -k 192. The default is 256.

-p path
	      Store  the filesystem key at path. The filesystem key is the ultimate key to open the encrypted filesystem, and the fs key itself is
	      encrypted with your password.

-s size
	      The initial size of the encrypted filesystem, in megabytes. This option is ignored when the filesystem is created on a block device.

-t fstype
	      Filesystem to use for the encrypted filesystem. Defaults to xfs.

-u user
	      Give the container and fskey files to user (because the program is usually runs as root, and the files would otherwise  retain  root
	      ownership).

-x     Do not initialize the container with random bytes. This may impact secrecy.

Description
       pmt-ehd	can  be used to create a new encrypted container, and replaces the previous mkehd script as well as any HOWTOs that explain how to
       do it manually.	Without any arguments, pmt-ehd will interactively ask for all missing parameters. To create a container with a size of 256
       MB, use:

pmt-ehd -f /home/user.key -p /home/user.enc -s 256

pam_mount							    2008-09-16								pmt-ehd(8)