Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - start search by using search button or by pressing the enter key Post 302830311 by Corona688 on Monday 8th of July 2013 01:43:43 PM
Old 07-08-2013
This cannot be all your code, can you post something more complete?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Make the SEARCH button REALLY BIG

Neo, Maybe it would be best to make the search button/option more visible? I know when I came here the first time, I didn't really notice that option. Just an idea. It appears that some people either don't see it.. or the obvious, don't want to use it, but I'd suggest that it's more of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pressing Enter (bash)

Hey, I'm writing this BASH script, I recently started learning BASH after I did Java and I'm pretty new to the syntax. Anways, what I want to do is simple, I coudn't find the right information though: Let's say I make a : read -p "Press ENTER to go back to menu" choice ..... What is... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yakuzan
34 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pressing "Enter/Space bar" using Net::TELNET? in Perl

I'm trying to learn how to get my script to execute the enter button when it telnets into a router and the router displays output but you need to press the space bar or enter button to continue displaying my output of the router. How is this done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmaverick
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

enter key or carriage return as input in perl

hi experts Question in perl i'm creating a script to take from user a different inputs one of them is the carriage return .. so that i want to make an if condition if the user hit enter key the user will go to previous step it something like that chomp ($input = <STDIN>); if ($input =~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubando
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pressing enter and script still goes on

i have a bash shell script and i press enter and the script still continues on? how do i stop this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to write a command that keeps pressing enter key in regular interval

Hi, I m new to linux, can you pls help me to write a command/ script that keeps pressing the enter key in regular interval. Thx, Linux1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mylinux1
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script termination without pressing Enter key[nohup]

I have a script in which we have used nohup. Once script is executed it will be terminated only when enter key is pressed. I want the script to be terminated without pressing enter key nohup imqbrokerd -name user_id port 2>1 1>$home_`date` & I am a newbie to shell, Kindly please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suganbabu
3 Replies
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					  CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE - size of POST data pointed to SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, long size); DESCRIPTION
If you want to post data to the server without having libcurl do a strlen() to measure the data size, this option must be used. When this option is used you can post fully binary data, which otherwise is likely to fail. If this size is set to -1, the library will use strlen() to get the size. If you post more than 2GB, use CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3). DEFAULT
-1 PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { const char *data = "data to send"; curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* size of the POST data */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, (long) strlen(data)); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, data); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3)