Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read multiple lines at a time from file Post 302830229 by s_linux on Monday 8th of July 2013 10:21:01 AM
Old 07-08-2013
Thanks All for your replies...
I started putting something together from first version of the code from "rbatte1" and it worked except that i had few issues with the loop and code that i put in to do something but all those resolved now and it took about 35mins to finish up some compares with 155k users file. By the way, I'm on RHEL and using bash script. Anyways thanks all for your support. Really helped.
This User Gave Thanks to s_linux For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and match multiple lines in perl

Could any one tell me how to read and match multiple lines in perl? Did this code below still work in this situation? while (<FILE>) { if (/ /) { } } Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and compare multiple fields in a column at the same time

Hi, Currently I am coding up a nasty way of reading file input using *cat* rather than *read*. My text input looks like TextA 100 TextB 110 TextC 120 Currently I am using cat |while read line to read the first column and second column fields. cat foo.txt|while read line do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple arguments in for loop each time

Hi, Guys I am new to shell programming and just get stuck with one simple question. please kindly help. According to the tutorial here, we can do something like for NODE in "ABC 10" "EFG 20" do set -- $NODE echo "letter is $1, number is $2" done And the result will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuanli
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a multiple lines from a file n executing them?

Hi all, I am just trying to read the contents of a file. basically this file has a list of dat files. then i want to access these dat files n execute a script on them one by one using a loop. i hav e written like this ls -l | cut -c 58-88 > file1.txt while do arr1="$( sed -n '1p'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjyotisonu5
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read one line file and separate into multiple lines

I have one long line text with semicolon used as separator between values in that line. Now, I want to separate the line into multiple line right after every 29th field. example input line: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erlanq
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

read one line file and separate into multiple lines

I have one long line text with semicolon used as separator between values in that line. Now, I want to separate the line into multiple line right after every 29th field. example input line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erlanq
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the lines of multiple files

I am trying to create a script which will read 2 files and use the lines of file 1 for each line on file 2. here's my sample code cat $SBox | while read line do cat $Date | while read line do $SCRIPTEXE <line from first file> $2 <line from 2nd file> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read two lines at time from a file

Hello community, what I need to do is read 2 rows at time from a file. I have this simple solution: File to read: LINE1 LINE2 LINE3 LINE4 LINE5 LINE6 LINE7 LINE8Read routine:#!/bin/ksh sed '1,3d' /out.txt | while read line; do read line2 echo $line $line2 doneResult:LINE1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to read multiple files at same time through UNIX scripting?

How to read multiple files at simultaneously? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka_M
1 Replies
SMPTEFrame(3)							    libltcsmpte 						     SMPTEFrame(3)

NAME
SMPTEFrame - Raw 80 bit SMPTE frame. SYNOPSIS
#include <ltcsmpte.h> Data Fields unsigned int frameUnits:4 unsigned int user1:4 unsigned int frameTens:2 unsigned int dfbit:1 unsigned int colFrm:1 unsigned int user2:4 unsigned int secsUnits:4 unsigned int user3:4 unsigned int secsTens:3 unsigned int biphaseMarkPhaseCorrection:1 unsigned int user4:4 unsigned int minsUnits:4 unsigned int user5:4 unsigned int minsTens:3 unsigned int binaryGroupFlagBit1:1 unsigned int user6:4 unsigned int hoursUnits:4 unsigned int user7:4 unsigned int hoursTens:2 unsigned int reserved:1 unsigned int binaryGroupFlagBit2:1 unsigned int user8:4 unsigned int syncWord:16 Detailed Description Raw 80 bit SMPTE frame. Definition at line 140 of file ltcsmpte.h. Field Documentation unsigned int SMPTEFrame::binaryGroupFlagBit1 Definition at line 160 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::binaryGroupFlagBit2 Definition at line 168 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::biphaseMarkPhaseCorrection Definition at line 153 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::colFrm Definition at line 146 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::dfbit Examples: tests/decoder.c. Definition at line 145 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::frameTens Definition at line 144 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::frameUnits Definition at line 141 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::hoursTens Definition at line 166 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::hoursUnits Definition at line 163 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::minsTens Definition at line 159 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::minsUnits Definition at line 156 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::reserved Definition at line 167 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::secsTens Definition at line 152 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::secsUnits Definition at line 149 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::syncWord Definition at line 171 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user1 Definition at line 142 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user2 Definition at line 147 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user3 Definition at line 150 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user4 Definition at line 154 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user5 Definition at line 157 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user6 Definition at line 161 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user7 Definition at line 164 of file ltcsmpte.h. unsigned int SMPTEFrame::user8 Definition at line 169 of file ltcsmpte.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libltcsmpte from the source code. Version 0.4.4 Fri Apr 27 2012 SMPTEFrame(3)