Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing parameter more than 9 Post 302830195 by gacanepa on Monday 8th of July 2013 09:12:00 AM
Old 07-08-2013
I am not sure about ksh, but as far as bash is concerned, the single quotes DO NOT allow shell interpretation. That is to say, whatever is inside single quotes will be inserted into your database as a fixed string.
If you want to insert the values of your variables, you should consider hergp's suggestion or use doble quotes as in the following example:
Code:
insert into dbinfo.test1(c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7,c8,c9,c10,c11) values ("$1",sysdate,"$3","$4","$5","$6","$7","$8","$9","$10","$11");

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further help.
This User Gave Thanks to gacanepa For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter passing

Hallo everyone, This is my problem below: /home/cerebrus/pax=>vat class2.sh ksh: vat: not found /home/cerebrus/pax=>cat class2.sh #!/bin/ksh set -x bdf|grep appsdev|awk '{ print $5 }'> class3 dd={cat class3} echo $dd /home/cerebrus/pax=> /home/cerebrus/pax=>./class2.sh + bdf +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies

2. Programming

Passing parameter to makefile?

Hi, How to pass parameter to makefile? Please let me know if any one knows and also please put an example of makefile with this feature. thanks, Manju. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju_p
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrong parameter passing!

Hi all I have a script which will take input as filename and passes it to a java program. It is as follows -------------------------------- FILENAME=$1 echo $FILENAME ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java -cp DateProvider $FILENAME ------------------------------------------------- when I execute the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing asterisk As A Parameter

I have written a Shell Script Program which accepts 3 parameters as shown below: ./calc 20 + 2 in the above line ./calc is the Shell Script itself with 3 parameters, namely: 20 + and 2. Well, now let's look inside the Script: result=$1$2$3 echo $result The output will be as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter Passing problem

Hi All, I developed a KSH script which will accept two parameters as input. These two parameters are some directories paths. In the script i am validating the number of paramaters it received as below #-------------------------------------- # Check Command line arguments... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in quotes

Hi, PW='/as sysdba'; export PW in other module I call sqlplus ${PW} (this line I unable to change!) How I can define PW so that sqlplus calls PW in quotes i.e sqlplus '/as sysdba' I tried like this PW="'/as sysdba'"; export PW - no luck Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Positional parameter passing

Hi All, When passing parameters to a sheel script, the parameters are referenced by their positions such as $1 for first parameter, $2 for second parameter. these positional values can only have values ranging from $0-$9 (0,1,2,3...9). I have a shell script meant to accept 20 parameters. for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogologoma
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter to AWK

Hi All, I am trying to pass a parameter to AWK on my KSH shell prompt as below. var1=2 echo $var1 awk -v var2=${var1} '{print var2}' testfile.txt I am passing the input file (testfile) to awk to get some o/p. It is having 10 records. When I run AWK, it is throwing the following errors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter through file

Hi , I am passing date parameter through file my shell script testing.sh is #set -x #set -v asd=$1 asd1=$2 echo $asd echo $asd1 Passing parameter as below sh testing.sh `cat file1.txt` Output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD