Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete Description column from a csv file Post 302830147 by RudiC on Monday 8th of July 2013 07:44:56 AM
Old 07-08-2013
It is usually wise to post sample input and output files to avoid bad surprises with proposals. However, try this:
Code:
awk     'NR==1          {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++)  {if ($i == rem) RM=i
                                                 if ($i == rep) PL=i
                                                }
                        }
                        {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++)  {if (i == 10) printf ("%s%s", $PL, OFS)
                                                 if (i != RM && i != PL) printf ("%s%s", $i, OFS)
                                                }
                        print ""
                        }
        ' rem="DESCRIPTION" rep="CURRENT_SALES" file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete first line of a csv file

Hi there How do I delete the first line of a csv file without creating a new file ? Regards, Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagileon
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value based on another column from .csv file

My scenario is that I need to pick value from third column based on fourth column value, if fourth column value is 1 then first value of third column.Third column (2|3|4|6|1) values are cancatenated. Main imp point, in my .csv file, third column is having price value with comma (1,20,300), it has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a column/columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "?

How can I delete a column from a CSV file which has comma separated value with a string enclosed in double quotes and a comma in between? I have a file 44.csv with 4 lines including the header like the below format: column1, column2, column3, column 4, column5, column6 12,455,"string with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - delete from csv all the row if the first column is length >

Hi guys, i have a csv file like: USERID;COG;DESCR;FIL;OFF user001;user;test1;001;A01 user002;user;test2;002;A02 user0003;user;test3;003;A03 user004;user;test4;004;A04 user0005;user;test5;005;A05 etc.. I need to read line for line and, if value of first column is > 7 char (in this example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cryption and description for csv file

Hi, Requirement is encrypt key should pick value from file instead of passing their in command. how can i create .p file which contains crypt value. i.e. crypt <trade.csv> tr.x $CKEY fcrypt.p crypt < tr.x $CKEY fcrypt.p i want to encrypt and decrpt csv file and i am using following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get maximum per column from CSV file, based on date column

Hello everyone, I am using ksh on Solaris 10 and I'm gathering data in a CSV file that looks like this: 20170628-23:25:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,55,55,1 20170628-23:30:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,56,56,1 20170628-23:35:00,1,0,0,1,1,2,1,57,57,2 20170628-23:40:00,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,58,58,2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare every column from one csv file to another csv file

1.csv contains following column- Empid code loc port 101 A xy 01 102 B zx 78 103 A cg 12 104 G xy 78 2.csv contains follwing data- Empid code loc port 101 A gf 01 102 B zx 78 103 C cg 32 104 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishabh
1 Replies
EXPINT(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       EXPINT(3pm)

NAME
PDL::GSLSF::EXPINT - PDL interface to GSL Special Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Special Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
FUNCTIONS
gsl_sf_expint_E1 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) E_1(x) := Re[ Integrate[ Exp[-xt]/t, {t,1,Infinity}] ] gsl_sf_expint_E1 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_expint_E2 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) E_2(x) := Re[ Integrate[ Exp[-xt]/t^2, {t,1,Infity}] ] gsl_sf_expint_E2 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_expint_Ei Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Ei(x) := PV Integrate[ Exp[-t]/t, {t,-x,Infinity}] gsl_sf_expint_Ei does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Shi Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Shi(x) := Integrate[ Sinh[t]/t, {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_Shi does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Chi Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Chi(x) := Re[ M_EULER + log(x) + Integrate[(Cosh[t]-1)/t, {t,0,x}] ] gsl_sf_Chi does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_expint_3 Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Ei_3(x) := Integral[ Exp[-t^3], {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_expint_3 does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Si Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Si(x) := Integrate[ Sin[t]/t, {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_Si does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_Ci Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Ci(x) := -Integrate[ Cos[t]/t, {t,x,Infinity}] gsl_sf_Ci does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_atanint Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) AtanInt(x) := Integral[ Arctan[t]/t, {t,0,x}] gsl_sf_atanint does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
This file copyright (C) 1999 Christian Pellegrin <chri@infis.univ.trieste.it> All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. The GSL SF modules were written by G. Jungman. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-30 EXPINT(3pm)