Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Tar: 0511-184 Cannot set the time on config Post 302829975 by hergp on Sunday 7th of July 2013 03:23:16 PM
Old 07-07-2013
Looks as if the files in question already exist on disk and you have write access to them but are not owner of the files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar archive: time, date?

Is there a way to know when (date, time) a tar archive on tape was created? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: croy75
1 Replies

2. Solaris

network config problem - how to set the server for others to ssh without password

Hi, I want to ssh the linux server without inputting the password, how can I config this server? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st install Suse, network config set up

Hello, I'm a newbie to unix. I just about have the Suse 10.1 installed. During set up it automatically detected components to access the internet. But failed. I lost now. Any ideas? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick7269
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected.

Hello everyone! I wrote a script for backing up a folder. It goes fine but today it started to spit out this error, when a folder is taring: tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected. I didn't make any changes! - OS: UNIX AIX ibm 3 - the folder I'm trying to tar is 11Gb large... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Funky_ass
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

6. AIX

lsmksysb: error 0511-119 & 0511-137 ?

I have 2 workstations that when I do the smitty lsmksysb to verify the tape created by the smitty mksysb, both fail on the same problem: restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block. restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data maybe lost. Starting again at file .... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

7. AIX

tar: 0511-193 An error

Hi all, when i exucte comman to see the contents of tape it gives an error like tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. The media surface is damaged and insert clean catridge tape to clean the tape in tape then again i got the same.when i excute the same above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

8. AIX

tar: 0511-825 The file 'file' is too large.

Dears, i am trying to comprees file but it gave me error as below: userhost>tar cvf - file | gzip > file.tar.gz tar: 0511-825 The file 'file' is too large. Be noted that this file is nearly to "9 Giga". Please, advise Thanks & Reagrds, Please use code tags! Also please do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedmostafa
3 Replies

9. AIX

0511-193 An error occurred

Hi, When i am trying to read data from tape cassette its giving below error: tar tvf /dev/rmt0 "tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. A system call received a parameter that is not valid." OS: - AIX 6.1 Tape Library : - IBM TS3100 Tape Cassette : - Ultrium LTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmistry
1 Replies
cmdk(7D)                                                              Devices                                                             cmdk(7D)

NAME
cmdk - common disk driver SYNOPSIS
cmdk@target, lun : [ partition | slice ] DESCRIPTION
The cmdk device driver is a common interface to various disk devices. The driver supports magnetic fixed disks and magnetic removable disks. The block-files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A sin- gle read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmit- ted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk; the names of the raw files are found in /dev/rdsk. I/O requests to the magnetic disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. Fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device (IDE) /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device (IDE) where: cn controller n dn lun n (0-7) sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk partition(0) /kernel/drv/cmdk 32-bit kernel module. /kernel/drv/amd64/cmdk 64-bit kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), mount(1M), lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), scsi(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 cmdk(7D)