Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Default PHP Sites
Top Forums Web Development Default PHP Sites Post 302829339 by FreddoT on Thursday 4th of July 2013 03:34:41 PM
Old 07-04-2013
Apache already has settings for that, you can prioritise index files.

I could always have list like

Code:
no extension, .html, .php

or something like that. My point is, your query applies also to .html files.

If I reference a file called "file" then if that doesn't exist it will point to "file.html".

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sites with the listings

Is anybody know sites with the listings of simple programs for Linux (in text mode) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Studenttt
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Sites flash

The flash you have placed in the header of the site is really really cool.. But it makes your machine lag, and its really big for ppl connecting with low speeds.. And thinking that you know this already, why dont you just make it a bit smaller? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_w0lf
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exam prep sites ?

iam going to study for mcse , ccna and ocp in my next couple of month and i was looking for sites with package deals .... i came across hotcerts.com . anyone knows how good is their $85 all exams package and is it worth it ???? . looking for ur responses (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelipukal
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where are my sites hosted?

I have 5 public websites (2 different datacenters) 1. production datacenter 2. Backup datacenter. I have a global site selector which will load balance the site based on availability and load. I would like to have a script that can tell me exactly where my sites are in 2 columns. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3) 						 1						   PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)

php_strip_whitespace - Return source with stripped comments and whitespace

SYNOPSIS
string php_strip_whitespace (string $filename) DESCRIPTION
Returns the PHP source code in $filename with PHP comments and whitespace removed. This may be useful for determining the amount of actual code in your scripts compared with the amount of comments. This is similar to using php -w from the commandline. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the PHP file. RETURN VALUES
The stripped source code will be returned on success, or an empty string on failure. Note This function works as described as of PHP 5.0.1. Before this it would only return an empty string. For more information on this bug and its prior behavior, see bug report #29606. EXAMPLES
Example #1 php_strip_whitespace(3) example <?php // PHP comment here /* * Another PHP comment */ echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); // Newlines are considered whitespace, and are removed too: do_nothing(); ?> The above example will output: <?php echo php_strip_whitespace(__FILE__); do_nothing(); ?> Notice the PHP comments are gone, as are the whitespace and newline after the first echo statement. PHP Documentation Group PHP_STRIP_WHITESPACE(3)