Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with String concatenation Post 302829175 by PreetArul on Thursday 4th of July 2013 06:28:36 AM
Old 07-04-2013
Please find the output below:

Code:

-sh-4.1$ sh -x ext_valid_new.S ausa
+ export ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
+ ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
+ export ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
+ ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
+ export HOME=/purge
+ HOME=/purge
+ export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1
+ ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1
+ export ORACLE_SID=uad1
+ ORACLE_SID=uad1
+ export TMP=/tmp
+ TMP=/tmp
+ export TMPDIR=/tmp
+ TMPDIR=/tmp
+ export TNS_ADMIN=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/network/admin
+ TNS_ADMIN=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/network/admin
+ export ORACLE_ADMIN=/opt/oracle/admin
+ ORACLE_ADMIN=/opt/oracle/admin
+ export LIBPATH=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/n          etwork/lib
+ LIBPATH=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/network/          lib
+ export NLS_LANGUAGE=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
+ NLS_LANGUAGE=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
+ export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
+ NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/CA/SharedComponents/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib:/u          sr/lib
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/CA/SharedComponents/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib:/usr/lib
+ export LIBPATH=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/n          etwork/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib
+ LIBPATH=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/network/          lib:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/lib
+ export ADMIN_HOME=/opt/oracle/admin
+ ADMIN_HOME=/opt/oracle/admin
+ export AGENT_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/agent11g
+ AGENT_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/agent11g
+ export SCRIPT_DIR=/opt/oracle/admin/scripts
+ SCRIPT_DIR=/opt/oracle/admin/scripts
+ export BS_DIR=/opt/oracle/admin/backup
+ BS_DIR=/opt/oracle/admin/backup
+ export LOG_DIR=/opt/oracle/admin/logs
+ LOG_DIR=/opt/oracle/admin/logs
+ export ORATAB=/etc/oratab
+ ORATAB=/etc/oratab
+ export PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/bin/nmon:/purge:/purge/bin:/opt/or          acle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bi          n:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/bin:.
+ PATH=/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/bin/nmon:/purge:/purge/bin:/opt/oracle/pr          oduct/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:          /usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome_1/bin:.
+ OPCO=ausa
+ LOG_FILE=/purge/ausa/logs/ext_valid.log
+ EXT_PATH=/purge/ausa/extracts
+ MF_FILE=extvalid.lst
+ BACK1=extvalid.bk1
+ BACK2=extvalid.bk2
+ BACK3=extvalid.bk3
+ WORK=extvalid.wrk
+ ORAUSER=s0uaroperator
+ ORAPWD=s0uaroperator
+ echo ' '
++ date
+ echo 'Starting Purge/Extract FTP Validation at Thu Jul  4 06:22:35 EDT 2013 ....'
+ echo 'Command: ausa'
+ DATABASE=UAD1
+ cd /purge/ausa/extracts
+ echo 'Path : /purge/ausa/extracts'
Path : /purge/ausa/extracts
+ echo 'MF_File is : extvalid.lst'
MF_File is : extvalid.lst
+ '[' -f extvalid.wrk ']'
+ rm extvalid.wrk
+ '[' -f extvalid.lst ']'
+ echo 'Extract validation file extvalid.lst not found.'
+ exit 2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string concatenation

my input file contains thousands of lines like below 234A dept of education 9788 dept of commerce 8677 dept of engineering How do i add a delimeter ':' after FIRST 4 CHARACTERS in a line 234A:dept of education 9788:dept of commerce 8677:dept of engineering (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help concatenation string and variable

Hello, in my script i have this lines of code in a while cycle: .. let j=i+1 t_prod_$i = `cat myfile.csv | grep world | cut -d ";" -f$j` let i+=1 ... So if i try an echo $t_prod_$i at the end of the cycle i cannot see the right value obtained by `cat myfile.csv | grep world |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drain
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation with spaces

Hi, I have a variable $ID=40 and I need to build a string like 40 40 40 40 40 40 so repeating ID 'n' times separated by spaces. Any help? Thanks Sarah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Concatenation

Hi All, I need to concatenate the values in the array into a variable. Currently the code is : for (( i=1 ; i <= $minCount ; i++ )) do var="${var}""${sample_file}" done The output is : /tmp/1/tmp/2/tmp/3/tmp/4/tmp/5/tmp/6/tmp/7/tmp/8/tmp/9/tmp/10 I need a space between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String/Variable Concatenation

Hello, Trying to concatenate the following using bourne shell: # !/bin/bash # this works in bash shell e.g. get the results I am expecting fnTmp=C$cindex.$station_0.$station_1.$station_3.$ts.tmp # # under !/bin/sh # the results are not the same Any assistance would be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problems

#! /bin/csh set tt=12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr=`echo $tt | cut -d_ -f1` set rr1=welcome set ff=$rr $rr1 echo $ff why $ff returned only 12345 and not 12345welcome? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String / Variable Concatenation

Hi all, I'm trying to build a variable name automatically through a for loop for a script I'm working on, basically I want to build the variables named: $JVM_HOME0 or $JVM_HOME1 so that I can loop through some file copy/deletes and a server restart once completed. With the code below, I get this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydroponx
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation problem

Hi there, I'm writing a basic script where I want to make a string of 2 numeric fields from a file, which I have done, but the behavior is rather confusing. I have a file of random values such as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and my awk code is: BEGIN { FS = " " } { str = str $1 $2 } END {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMChadwick
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group by and string concatenation

Hi, I was trying to work on a file which had the following data format 1 hi 1 this 1 is 1 john 2 hello 3 test 3 case the expected output file is the below 1 hi, this, is, john 2 hello 3 test, case I tried using awk or while read, but I couldnt... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikbhuvana
13 Replies
lint(1B)                                             SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                             lint(1B)

NAME
lint - C program verifier SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lint [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/lint is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C program verifier. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint to the C program verifier. /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. /usr/ucb/lint is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/lint.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/lint accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucblint. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lint/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 lint(1B)