Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX for loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX for loop Post 302829145 by AraR87 on Thursday 4th of July 2013 05:36:48 AM
Old 07-04-2013
Sorry.Now i have corrected it.

Please check

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

timing a loop in unix.

hi guys.. i have a shell script that loops through a certain directory to see if a file has been created and then prints the file if it exists... the only problem i have now is that sometimes the flat does not get created by the program thats supposed to create it, in this scenario, my loop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolkott
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with UNIX while loop...

Hi all. I am trying to execute a while loop that reads a log file containing a file listing, and it compares file sizes, etc. But I am getting an error that makes it seem like it is not reading the log file line by line. When I do a 'more' on the log file, it doesn't appear to be wrapped... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerard1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop in unix

hi, can any one suggest why the program 2 is not working. only difference is for ab in *.txt for ab in a_DATA.txt b_DATA.txt c_DATA.txt ------------------------------------ Program :1 (working fine) #!/bin/ksh for ab in a_DATA.txt b_DATA.txt c_DATA.txt suf="_" echo "old->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop in Unix

This is the content of a file work.log 1 TGBUS I-US 0;15;83 i did this for i in `cat work.log` do echo $i done I wanted the out put to be 1 TGBUS I-US 0;15;83 But the output appears as 1 TGBUS I-US 0;15;83 For Loop treats space as a delimiter. Can i overrride this space as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix loop

i have 2 files with entries like, file 1: 11 22 33 .. and so on file 2: jhon mercy rocky and so on.. i want print the content of those files as 11@jhon 22@mercy 33@rocky and so on ..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested loop in Unix

Hi, I have the following script which is two while loops, but it is working only for the Inner loop without going back to the outer loop. the aim of this script is to remove data files from memory after each five times for each setting of the rotate parameter #!/bin/csh set hdir =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon218
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with unix for loop

Hi, I have a command that I want to translate to Unix. I mostly work with Windows and because of that I am stuck on a part. What I cannot find on the internet is skipping the first lines in a for loop and using a certain word/token. (I know how to do a normal loop with output) I need to skip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flappy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix For loop help

Hi, I need to reset root password on multiple servers, need to do it from my Jump server, so I'm plannin to use for loop. Can someone pleaz suggest me how to do this...? For example, I check the uptime of a server from my jump box, =========================================== for i in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren1829
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX loop question

Dear all, I have a question regarding unix loops. I want to run 100 commands using file1.txt-file100.txt in parallel. I use the code below and it works well. But now I want to run first 20 commands first using file1.txt-file20.txt in parallel, then when they are completed, run the next 20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running in a loop in UNIX

I have a table in oracle which has 2 columns table_name table_name1 U1 T1 U2 T2 I have to take these as a variable in unix and then go to /home/bin and execute a unix command using these variables. Considering that there is only one row in the table I was able to write the below but need help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashcalin
2 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)