Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with replace
Top Forums Programming Issue with replace Post 302828785 by mgazzato on Wednesday 3rd of July 2013 06:41:47 AM
Old 07-03-2013
Issue with replace

Hi,
I have a problem with a replace of a pattern in a file.

Example of file:
CREATE TABLE TEST.TEST
(
ID_SOGGETTO BIGINT NOT NULL,
ENTE VARCHAR(64))
UNIQUE PRIMARY INDEX ( ID_SOGGETTO ,ENTE );

I want to replace the red pattern with another text:
i want to replace the text after the character ")" at the end of line up to the ";" character.
The file contain multiple CREATE TABLE statements.
I tryed with sed command..

Thanks
Marco

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help search and replace issue!

I have no idea really what I am doing but I am very good at copy-paste code from smart people :) I found it a while back but can't get it now, I am looking for a simple command line prompt command to search and replace text in multiple files. I have a website with a ton of pages and all links... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scavok
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Hi, I have a shell scripting. This will take 7 digit number in each line and add 7 digit number with next subsequent lines ( normal addition ). Eg: 0000001 0000220 0001235 0000022 0000023 ........... ......... ........ Like this i am having around 1500000 records. After adding... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace issue with large files

I have the following problem: I have two files: S containing sentences (one in each row) and W containing files (one in each row). It might look like this: S: a b c apple d. e f orange g. h banana i j. W: orange banana apple My task is to replace in S all words that appear in W... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tootles564
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace issue

Hello Guys i am seeking help here is my issue I have several files i need to find "&" char and replcae with & or ' 1) It may be possible that in a file there are several occurance of &, & or ' but need to replace only & whihc does not have amp; and apos; 2)it may be the case out of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace issue using awk

Hi All, point 1. I have n number of environment variable files in different folders. All file names are ending with one thing common ie, *envset.sh point 2. All these contains Varilables and some other information like following *envset.sh ===>> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl newbie - regex replace all groups issue

Hello, Although I have found similar questions, I could not find advice that could help with my problem. The issue: I am trying to replace all occurrences of a regex, but I cannot make the regex groups work together. This is a simple input test file: The Vedanta Philosophy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samask
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

to replace Date format issue

Hi, I have the below data in a file in one of the path, 101 02100002111406893401207310900A094101xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 5200xxxxxxxxxx D18000_1 CCDXXXXXXX JUL 31201207 1140689340000001 622113010547999999999003 000333333334RE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramyajiguru1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with sed command does not replace exact string matched

I have a file change.sed more change.sed I fire the below command inorder to replace "190.169.11.15" with "10.4.112.240" in proxy.logsed -f change.sed proxy.log proxy.log has the below entry more proxy.log The command replaces both 190.169.11.15 & 190.169.11.155 as below: I am expecting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies
CREATE TABLE 
AS(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLE AS(7) NAME
CREATE TABLE AS - create a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ [ LOCAL ] { TEMPORARY | TEMP } ] TABLE table_name [ (column_name [, ...] ) ] AS query DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLE AS creates a table and fills it with data computed by a SELECT command. The table columns have the names and data types asso- ciated with the output columns of the SELECT (except that you can override the column names by giving an explicit list of new column names). CREATE TABLE AS bears some resemblance to creating a view, but it is really quite different: it creates a new table and evaluates the query just once to fill the new table initially. The new table will not track subsequent changes to the source tables of the query. In contrast, a view re-evaluates its defining SELECT statement whenever it is queried. PARAMETERS
[LOCAL] TEMPORARY or [LOCAL] TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column in the new table. Multiple column names can be specified using a comma-delimited list of column names. If col- umn names are not provided, they are taken from the output column names of the query. query A query statement (that is, a SELECT command). Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for a description of the allowed syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] and SELECT [select(7)] for a summary of possible output messages. NOTES
This command is functionally equivalent to SELECT INTO [select_into(7)], but it is preferred since it is less likely to be confused with other uses of the SELECT ... INTO syntax. COMPATIBILITY
This command is modeled after an Oracle feature. There is no command with equivalent functionality in SQL92 or SQL99. However, a combina- tion of CREATE TABLE and INSERT ... SELECT can accomplish the same thing with little more effort. HISTORY
The CREATE TABLE AS command has been available since PostgreSQL 6.3. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE VIEW [create_view(l)], SELECT [select(l)], SELECT INTO [select_into(l)] SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE TABLE AS(7)