Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find highest records in table Post 302828543 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 2nd of July 2013 04:02:19 PM
Old 07-02-2013
try also:
Code:
awk '
{if (($6 * $7) > b[$1]) {a[$1]=$0; b[$1]=$6 * $7}}
END { for (i in a) print a[i] }
' infile.txt

pipe into sort if needed.

Last edited by rdrtx1; 07-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: corrected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the highest number in the file

Hi, I have a file a.txt and it has values in it Eg :- I need to read through the file and find the number that is the greatest in them all. Can any one assit me on this. Thanks (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
30 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting records from flat file to db table

I have 20000 numbers present in a file in each line like 25663, 65465, 74579, 56446, .. .. I have created a table in db with single number column in it. create table testhari (no number(9)); I want to insert all these numbers into that table. how can i do it? can anybody please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I load records from table to a flat file!

Hi All, I need to load records from oracle table XYZ to a flat file say ABC.dat. could any one tell me how do i do this in UNXI, Regards Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying table records

Hi, Script copies records of two tables into another tables for backup before using oracle's import utility to restore from backup. Now, suppose if the import utility fails then the script will again copy those records from the backup table to the original ones. How to check whether all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total records in table

Hi, I am having two tables. A & B I want to know the total number of records in each table and need to store each value in some variables to process further in the code. How it can be done ? With Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

6. Programming

Help with find highest and smallest number in a file with c

Input file: #data_1 AGDG #data_2 ADG #data_3 ASDDG DG #data_4 A Desired result: Highest 7 Slowest 1 code that I try but failed to archive my goal :( #include <stdio.h> (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting number of records from a table

I am doing a loading process. I am loading data from a Oracle source to Oracle target. For example there is an SQL statement: Insert into emp_1 Select * from emp_2 where deptno=20; In this case my source is emp_2 and loading into my target table emp_1. This process is automated. Now I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikkasarla
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find highest number - working but need help!

Hello all, I am new to this and need some help or maybe steer me to the right direction! I wrote a script to get the highest number and prints it on the screen, the script basically asks the user to input numbers, and then prints the highest number! very simple it works like this $sh max.sh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknownsolo
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the records from table

Hi, Can any one help me... the records are not deleting when I run the below script. But if I issue the same delete command manually, the records are getting deleted. script: #!/bin/ksh USAGE_STRING="USAGE $0 " if then echo "SORRY you need to be user 'mqm'. Only 'mqm' has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxcjggu708
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Find highest value of a particular property in multiple files

I have multiple files with pattern of "*.tps (example:tps-20170307170421560-1053.tps)" in my log directory(files are in different sub directories). entries in files are given below. I want to extract highest value of endtime accross all files. "endTime :1488902691462" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agoyals1986
7 Replies
EGD_SENSOR_TYPE(3)					       EEGDEV library manual						EGD_SENSOR_TYPE(3)

NAME
egd_sensor_type, egd_sensor_name - Get the id or name of a sensor type SYNOPSIS
#include <eegdev.h> int egd_sensor_type(const char* sname); const char* egd_sensor_name(int stype); DESCRIPTION
egd_sensor_type() returns the identifier code of the sensor type named sname. egd_sensor_name() is the reverse process: it retrieves the name of the sensor type identified by stype. Depending on which acquisition devices have been accessed by the library, the sensor type identifier for a given name may be different from a previous program execution. However once a association has been established it is ensured that it will remain the same until the process termination. Additionally, the sensor types named "eeg", "trigger" and "undefined" are always associated respectively to 0, 1 and 2. RETURN VALUE
In case of success, egd_sensor_type() returns a non negative value corresponding to the identifier of the sensor type called name. Other- wise it returns -1. In case of success, egd_sensor_name() returns the name of the sensor type identified by stype. Otherwise, NULL is returned and errno is set accordingly. ERRORS
egd_sensor_type() or egd_sensor_name() will fail if: EINVAL sname is NULL or refers to an unknown sensor type or if stype is not a known sensor type identifier. SEE ALSO
egd_get_numch(3) egd_get_cap(3) EPFL
2011 EGD_SENSOR_TYPE(3)