Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare two xml files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two xml files Post 302828241 by DeepaT on Tuesday 2nd of July 2013 05:13:46 AM
Old 07-02-2013
Comapre two xml files

Thanks millan for your reply.
I have tried the given command , comm -23 a.xml b.xml | sed '1d' is not working for me. I think comm command 1st sort the file.The xml which I have pasted is just a sample. Actually the requirement is to compare the file which may contain the long text.
Code:
<application> abc </application>
<type>twetrwerwer</type>
<type1>werwerwerrftr</type1>

I am new to scripting world. Can I compare the files line by line, and while parsing them I want to always print the text which is there in 'application' tag & inderneath all the differences.
File is huge & it contains multiple 'application' tags.

Last edited by Franklin52; 07-02-2013 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to compare xml files and print output to a file

All, PLease can you help me with a shell script which can compare two xml files and print the difference to a output file. I have attached one such file for you reference. <Group> <Member ID=":Year_Quad:41501" childCount="4" fullPath="PEPSICO Year-Quad-Wk : FOLDER.52 Weeks Ending Dec... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two unsorted unequal files extracted from xml

I have two files for comparison which are extracts from set of xml files. file1 has: Comparing File: BRCSH1to320140224CC3.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:OUT UIZZ:0 :: ERAZ:1.000000 UIZZ:0 :: CTZZ:B UIZZ:0 :: CCAZ:MYR Comparing File: BRMY20140224CC18REG013SPFNSY13.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:INB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamsi gunda
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

10. Solaris

XML value compare and replace

I need a way to to check if a value in a file that has this XML format is less than or equal to current system date/time. if it is I need to override it with a future date/time: Here is the data sample: <?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
appclient(1M)						    Application Server Utility						     appclient(1M)

NAME
appclient - launches the Application Client Container and invokes the client application packaged in the application JAR file SYNOPSIS
appclient -client client_application_jar [-mainclass client_application_main_classname|-name display_name] [-xml sun-acc.xml file] [-tex- tauth] [-user username] [-password password] Use the appclient command to launch the application client container and invoke a client application that is packaged in an application JAR file. The application client jar file is psecified and created during deployment either by the deploytool or by using the asadmin deploy command. The application client container is a set of java classes, libraries and other files that are required to execute a first-tier application client program on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM). The application client container communicates with the Application Server using RMI-IIOP. The client.jar that is retrieved after deploying an application , should be passed with the -client option while running the appclient utility. The -mainclass and -name options are optional for a single client application. For multiple client applications use either the -classname option or the- name option. -client required; the name and location for the client application jar file. The application client JAR file is specified and created during deployment, either by the deploytool or by the asadmin deploy command. -mainclass optional; the full classname of the main client application main() method that will be invoked by the Application Client Container. Used for a single client application. By default, uses the class specified in the client jar. The class name must be the full name. For example, com.sun.test.AppClient -name optional; the display name for the client application. Used for multiple client applications. By default, the dis- play name is specified in the client jar application-client.xml file which is identified by the display-name attribute. -xml optional if using the default domain and instance, otherwise it is required; identifies the name and location of the client configuration XML file. If not specified, defaults to the value of $AS_ACC_CONFIG identified in asenv.conf file. -textauth optional; used to specify using text format authentication when authentication is needed. Example 1: Using the appclient command appclient -client appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar -mainclass com.sun.test.TestAppClient -xml sun-acc.xml scott sample Where: appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar is the full path for the client application .jar file, com.sun.text.TestAppClient is the full Java pack- age name of the main client application, scott and sample are arguments to pass to the application, and sun-acc.xml is the name of the client configuration XML file. If sun-acc.xml is not in the current directory, you must give the absolute path location; otherwise the rel- ative path is used. The relative path is relative to the directory where the command is being executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ package-appclient(1M), asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 appclient(1M)