Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Function open() sets errno
Top Forums Programming Function open() sets errno Post 302827993 by JohnGraham on Monday 1st of July 2013 11:45:08 AM
Old 07-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alister
I'm sure it was just a momentary lapse, but to avoid confusing anyone: assigning -1 is a boolean true.
Of course - d'oh! Apologies if anyone was confused...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

function to test if file is open

I need to write a function that will work in sh/ksh shell that will test to see if a file has already been opened for writting by another user has anyone written something like this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsonbryce
3 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

(lmgrd) Can't open /usr/tmp/.flexlm/lmgrdl.4081, errno: 24

We are a tool vendor and one of our users is getting this error. The user is using several macrovision(FLEXLM) license enabled products including ours. (lmgrd) Can't open /usr/tmp/.flexlm/lmgrdl.4081, errno: 24 At this time, it stops checking out licenses, and will not respond to query's.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
2 Replies

4. Programming

errno

Hey, Can I assume that for certain function calls, errno can never be set to a certain value. More specifically, can I assume that for if the stat function call fails, the errno can never be or "No space left on device." I am assuming that a read function cannot fail because of no space... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sybase help: Open client, bcp function

To begin: I use Linux The Problem: I need bcp functionality for scripts. Perl modules, such as Sybase:xfer, require ctlib which comes with Sybase Open Client. Talking with Sybase sales reps is an exercise in futility and hate. They know absolutely nothing about their own products and will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
0 Replies

6. Programming

Open function of sys/stat.h

If a process already has the entire file locked for read and write using newstruct.l_type = F_WRLCK; what would happen if another process would try to open it in read only mode using open(filename, O_RDONLY); ? I want to check if the file exists and I want it to work even if another process has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help !! perl open function

Help Please perl Gurus, I am trying to add ungrouped passengers in a group and I creating a script however it fails on first step only I tried all the options it returns following error. syntax error at junki line 4, near "open " Execution of junki aborted due to compilation errors. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open file function

Hello all, just a quick little part of code i'm writing to check if the file i'm writing too in my automatic process is not being written too manually. #!/bin/bash FUSER=$(/sbin/fuser -s /toto.tmp >/dev/null 2>&1) LSOF=$(/usr/sbin/lsof | grep -q "toto.tmp") PGREP=$(pgrep -f "toto.tmp" >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)