Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script... Post 302827657 by wisecracker on Sunday 30th of June 2013 07:36:49 AM
Old 06-30-2013
Horizontal shift is now complete.

This is the last of the quick and easy parts of the code.

From now on the distance between uploads could be high as HW will be needed.
This has to be ludicrously simple so as to be built by a 10 year old.

The next upload will be the frequency counter needed for two parts of this
project. However this is a while away yet so now to desribe the X shift control.
(I WILL post a fully working Python version of a frequency counter I wrote ages
ago that uses /dev/dsp.)

Horizontal shift, from the cammand line window type:-

HSHIFT<CR>

Using the keys r, R, l, L, and Q or q change the position of the scan like this:-

r shifts scan to the right by one scan size, (64 bytes).
R shifts scan to the right by one byte at a time.
l shifts scan to the left by one scan size, (64 bytes).
L shifts scan to the left by one byte at a time.
Q or q exits this mode.

The keys respond like INKEY$ in BASIC...
No user values are changed except switching from real grab to rescan mode.
The TB speed will always be the fastest available although it could be made
variable if so desired. I decided against it as this is useful for searching
for odd wavefronts. The status line will let you know where in the file the
start of the current scan is...

Enjoy...

P.S. In the process of building a simple, starter, Y amplifier input ATM...
Also the script is about 38KB in size now...

Last edited by wisecracker; 07-14-2013 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Code now an attachment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with shell variable's scope

Hi, I am stuck while developing a shell sub-routine which checks the log file for "success" or "failure". The subroutine reads the log file and checks for key word "success", if found it set the variable (found=1). It returns success or failure based on this variable. My problem is, I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of a Variable inside shell script

hi all, i'm using the following script, Status=1 Function_do () { while read line; do if ; then #echo $line if ; then Status=0 echo " LINKINK ERROR " fi fi done < ldd.log } Function_do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Scope of Shell Programming and scripting

Hi all, I want to know what is the scope and job status of shell Programming and scripting. Does it have any attractive jobs? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to start shell script

Hi, Pleasse could someone advise why i'm getting this error below - No such file or directory dev6:$ ls -ltr ReleaseManagement.sh -rwxr-xr-x 1 dev fix 4830 Aug 22 11:13 ReleaseManagement.sh dev6:$ ./ReleaseManagement.sh : No such file or directory dev6:$ thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

A simple variable frequency sinewave audio generator.

Hi all... Well I have not been inactive but working out how to make OSX 10.14.x command line audio player have a variable sample rate. This is a back door as afplay does not have a sample rate flag unlike aplay for ALSA, in Linux flavours. This is a DEMO only but a derivative of it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
SHOWKEY(1)						      General Commands Manual							SHOWKEY(1)

NAME
showkey - examine the codes sent by the keyboard SYNOPSIS
showkey [-h|--help] [-a|--ascii] [-s|--scancodes] [-k|--keycodes] DESCRIPTION
showkey prints to standard output either the scan codes or the keycode or the `ascii' code of each key pressed. In the first two modes the program runs until 10 seconds have elapsed since the last key press or release event, or until it receives a suitable signal, like SIGTERM, from another process. In `ascii' mode the program terminates when the user types ^D. When in scancode dump mode, showkey prints in hexadecimal format each byte received from the keyboard to the standard output. A new line is printed when an interval of about 0.1 seconds occurs between the bytes received, or when the internal receive buffer fills up. This can be used to determine roughly, what byte sequences the keyboard sends at once on a given key press. The scan code dumping mode is primarily intended for debugging the keyboard driver or other low level interfaces. As such it shouldn't be of much interest to the regular end-user. However, some modern keyboards have keys or buttons that produce scancodes to which the kernel does not associate a keycode, and, after finding out what these are, the user can assign keycodes with setkeycodes(8). When in the default keycode dump mode, showkey prints to the standard output the keycode number or each key pressed or released. The kind of the event, press or release, is also reported. Keycodes are numbers assigned by the kernel to each individual physical key. Every key has always only one associated keycode number, whether the keyboard sends single or multiple scan codes when pressing it. Using showkey in this mode, you can find out what numbers to use in your personalized keymap files. When in `ascii' dump mode, showkey prints to the standard output the decimal, octal, and hexadecimal value(s) of the key pressed, according to he present keymap. OPTIONS
-h --help showkey prints to the standard error output its version number, a compile option and a short usage message, then exits. -s --scancodes Starts showkey in scan code dump mode. -k --keycodes Starts showkey in keycode dump mode. This is the default, when no command line options are present. -a --ascii Starts showkey in `ascii' dump mode. 2.6 KERNELS In 2.6 kernels key codes lie in the range 1-255, instead of 1-127. Key codes larger than 127 are returned as three bytes of which the low order 7 bits are: zero, bits 13-7, and bits 6-0 of the key code. The high order bits are: 0/1 for make/break, 1, 1. In 2.6 kernels raw mode, or scancode mode, is not very raw at all. Scan codes are first translated to key codes, and when scancodes are desired, the key codes are translated back. Various transformations are involved, and there is no guarantee at all that the final result corresponds to what the keyboard hardware did send. So, if you want to know the scan codes sent by various keys it is better to boot a 2.4 kernel. Since 2.6.9 there also is the boot option atkbd.softraw=0 that tells the 2.6 kernel to return the actual scan codes. NOTES
The raw scan codes are available only on AT and PS/2 keyboards, and even then they are disabled unless the atkbd.softraw=0 kernel parameter is used. When the raw scan codes are not available, the kernel uses a fixed built-in table to produce scan codes from keycodes. Thus, setkeycodes(8) can affect the output of showkey in scan code dump mode. SEE ALSO
loadkeys(1), dumpkeys(1), keymaps(5), setkeycodes(8) 1 Feb 1998 SHOWKEY(1)