Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Command Prompt changed to "mrbigglesworth" ?!?! Post 302827049 by alister on Thursday 27th of June 2013 07:58:44 PM
Old 06-27-2013
Glad it wasn't anything serious, otherwise I might have felt guilty for laughing at "mrbigglesworth". Smilie

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

4. AIX

"/" doesn't work on command prompt for searching commands last typed

When I use "/" to look for a particular command that I typed in the current session it says D02:-/home/user1/temp> /job ksh: /job: not found. D02:-/home/user1/temp> previously it used to fetch all the commands which had job in it.. for example subjob, endjob, joblist etc... may I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
7 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Accidentally Changed File Ownership to Include a "Comment" [AIX]

Hi. I've had a little mishap. To cut a long story short, I've accidentally recursively ran chown on a directory (actually a bunch of 'em). Not a problem in itself, but I had a slight error in the code I used to get the list of directories and ended up with a comment in the file ownership. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
fookb(1)							    FOOcrosoft								  fookb(1)

NAME
fookb-wmaker - Xkb state indicator with Window Maker support SYNOPSIS
fookb-wmaker [options] DESCRIPTION
fookb is a Xkb state indicator. It displays the icon corresponding to the number of Xkb locked group. You may use mouse-clicks to change Xkb locked group with mouse. Additionally, fookb can be configured to execute a program on changing group. fookb man page is based on WMMail.app man page. Program was written from scratch. To use fookb with the Window Maker Dock, simply drag the fookb icon to the Window Maker Dock (if fookb was compiled with Window Maker sup- port). OPTIONS
NB! Command line parameters take precedence over config file or X resources! -icon1 -icon2 -icon3 -icon4 -iconboom -display CONFIGURATION FILE (for libWUtil-enabled version) The configuration file consist of a single PropList dictionary, which in turn is composed of several PropList key-value pairs. The recog- nized keys is: Icon1 Filename (mandatory) XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 1st XKB group. Icon2 Filename (mandatory) XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 2nd XKB group. Icon3 Filename (mandatory) XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 3rd XKB group. Icon4 Filename (mandatory) XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for 4th XKB group. IconBoom Filename (mandatory) XPM file contains an icon (48x48) for "broken Xkb". Please look in BUGS section. Sound (Yes|No) fookb will run command from "Command" value (see below), if this parameter is set to "Yes". You'll receive (non-fatal) error message if this parameter is not defined. In any other case command will not be run. Command command_to_run This command will be run if XKB locked group is changed and "Sound" is set to "Yes". X resources NB! Parameters in PropList config file take precedence over X resources! fookb.icon1 Filename fookb.icon2 Filename fookb.icon3 Filename fookb.icon4 Filename fookb.iconBoom Filename fookb.sound Yes/No fookb.command Command EXAMPLES
Here is an example of configuration file. { Icon1 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon1.xpm"; Icon2 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon2.xpm"; Icon3 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon3.xpm"; Icon4 = "/usr/local/share/fookb/icon4.xpm"; IconBoom = "/usr/local/share/fookb/crash.xpm"; Sound = "Yes"; Command = "/usr/bin/play /usr/local/share/fookb/click.au"; } Here is an example of app-defaults file. fookb.icon1: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon1.xpm fookb.icon2: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon2.xpm fookb.icon3: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon3.xpm fookb.icon4: /usr/local/share/fookb/icon4.xpm fookb.iconBoom: /usr/local/share/fookb/crash.xpm fookb.sound: Yes fookb.command: /home/bgates/bin/playmssound FILES
~/GNUstep/Defaults/FOOkb fookb defaults (for Window Maker enabled version). ~/.fookb fookb defaults (for Window Maker disabled version). BUGS
Sometimes fookb receives message about changing XKB group, but message.state.group does not point to any existing XKB group. In this case fookb will show IconBoom (from config file) picture. As far as I know the only way to look at this bug is to run vmware. VERSION
This man page is [hopefully] up-to-date for version 3.0 of fookb. AUTHORS
fookb is (c) 1998-2002 Alexey Vyskubov <alexey@mawhrin.net>. This manpage was written by Alexey Vyskubov <alexey@mawhrin.net>. fookb 10 Jan 2002 fookb(1)