Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Recursion list for rm -R in find Post 302827019 by Corona688 on Thursday 27th of June 2013 06:17:11 PM
Old 06-27-2013
find finds things in arbitrary order, just the order they're stored in the directory entries on disk -- which is completely arbitrary. It's very difficult to say where this command started.

Last edited by Corona688; 06-27-2013 at 07:23 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursion

I'm using the UNIX csh and i wish to use recursion to nav my way up (or down as it is) a given folder. My little test script is called "r" and takes a folder as argv (or $1) #!/bin/tcsh -f set allFiles = `ls -A $argv` cd $argv while ($#allFiles) if (-d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsjf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursion too deep

I am running a korn shell script which has a recursive function. The script ran for 117 iterations and ended up with the following error "recursion too deep". what should be done to avert this? Thanks in advance Swamy p.s. I am on UNIX MPRAS V4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamy455
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Help Help in recursion

Hello every body. I am trying to find the factorial using the following code. But it is giving the syntax error. I tried very much but in vain. Thanks in advance for helping me factorial() { if then y=`expr $1 - 1` x=$(( $1 \* factorial $y ))... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

diffrence in non recusion and recursion

Hi, If i have given to write a prog for factorial in C using recursion and without recursion which one is better in what condition and why ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
2 Replies

6. Programming

Recursion

I want to halt a tail recursive function after certain validation. I want to come out of entire recursion without unwinding phase. How can i achieve that . The coding is done in C language. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find list of files from a list and copy to a directory

I will be very grateful if someone can help me with bash shell script that does the following: I have a list of filenames: A01_155716 A05_155780 A07_155812 A09_155844 A11_155876 that are kept in different sub directories within my current directory. I want to find these files and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
3 Replies

8. Programming

C Recursion (explain)

Hi, Question: how come the output is like that? Can explain to me abit. I am learning C. Thanks! #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> void printit(char line_of_char, int index); int main() { char line_of_char; int index = -1; strcpy(line_of_char, "This is a string."); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seede
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script recursion

Can someone please explain me why the following script calls it self recursively: #!/bin/bash echo Called $0 while this not: #!/bin/bash echo Called $($0) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: superpointer
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to find a word from list of files

I need to find a word '% Retail by State' in the folder /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation. When I tried like below, -bash-4.1$ cd /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation -bash-4.1$ find ./ -name % Retail by State find: paths must precede expression: Retail Usage: find ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
10 Replies
bindtags(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands						       bindtags(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
bindtags - Determine which bindings apply to a window, and order of evaluation SYNOPSIS
bindtags window ?tagList? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
When a binding is created with the bind command, it is associated either with a particular window such as .a.b.c, a class name such as But- ton, the keyword all, or any other string. All of these forms are called binding tags. Each window contains a list of binding tags that determine how events are processed for the window. When an event occurs in a window, it is applied to each of the window's tags in order: for each tag, the most specific binding that matches the given tag and event is executed. See the bind command for more information on the matching process. By default, each window has four binding tags consisting of the name of the window, the window's class name, the name of the window's near- est toplevel ancestor, and all, in that order. Toplevel windows have only three tags by default, since the toplevel name is the same as that of the window. The bindtags command allows the binding tags for a window to be read and modified. If bindtags is invoked with only one argument, then the current set of binding tags for window is returned as a list. If the tagList argu- ment is specified to bindtags, then it must be a proper list; the tags for window are changed to the elements of the list. The elements of tagList may be arbitrary strings; however, any tag starting with a dot is treated as the name of a window; if no window by that name exists at the time an event is processed, then the tag is ignored for that event. The order of the elements in tagList determines the order in which binding scripts are executed in response to events. For example, the command bindtags .b {all . Button .b} reverses the order in which binding scripts will be evaluated for a button named .b so that all bindings are invoked first, following by bindings for .b's toplevel ("."), followed by class bindings, followed by bindings for .b. If tagList is an empty list then the binding tags for window are returned to the default state described above. The bindtags command may be used to introduce arbitrary additional binding tags for a window, or to remove standard tags. For example, the command bindtags .b {.b TrickyButton . all} replaces the Button tag for .b with TrickyButton. This means that the default widget bindings for buttons, which are associated with the Button tag, will no longer apply to .b, but any bindings associated with TrickyButton (perhaps some new button behavior) will apply. EXAMPLE
If you have a set of nested frame widgets and you want events sent to a button widget to also be delivered to all the widgets up to the current toplevel (in contrast to Tk's default behavior, where events are not delivered to those intermediate windows) to make it easier to have accelerators that are only active for part of a window, you could use a helper procedure like this to help set things up: proc setupBindtagsForTreeDelivery {widget} { set tags [list $widget [winfo class $widget]] set w $widget set t [winfo toplevel $w] while {$w ne $t} { set w [winfo parent $w] lappend tags $w } lappend tags all bindtags $widget $tags } SEE ALSO
bind(n) KEYWORDS
binding, event, tag Tk 4.0 bindtags(n)