Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [ksh93+] Array fed by function is empty when used in main. Post 302826871 by bibou25 on Thursday 27th of June 2013 01:36:10 PM
Old 06-27-2013
[ksh93+] Array fed by function is empty when used in main.

I feel that i am missing something obvious but i can't find what is wrong.

I have a script that is launching some functions with "&" and each call is feeding the array with a value. When all calls are finished I just want to retrieve the values of that array.

It is looking like that :

Code:
#!/user/bin/ksh

#Function called with & 
fct()
{
 sleep $1
 tab_track[$1]="$(date)"
}

#Main
for OneIteration in 1 2 3 4 5
do
fct $OneIteration &
done

wait

echo "Display time"

for OneLine in "${tab_track[@]}"
do
   echo ${OneLine}
done

Any idea ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ calling main() function

i just finished a project for a c++ class that i wrote at home on my computer, compiled with gcc. when i brought the code into school it would not compile, it would complain that cannot call main() function. at school we use ancient borland c++ from 1995. anyway my program has 20 different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange array handling in ksh93

I wrote a script in ksh93 (the OS is AIX 5.2, ML7), which failed to run. After some testing i found out why, but the answer is a bit dissatisfying. Look for yourself: #!/bin/ksh93 # --------- Step Names typeset achStepName="foo" typeset achStepName="bar" typeset achStepName="fubar"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies

3. Programming

main function

Is it possible to execute any function before main() function in C or C++. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
6 Replies

4. Programming

signal handling while in a function other than main

Hi, I have a main loop which calls a sub loop, which finally returns to the main loop itself. The main loop runs when a flag is set. Now, I have a signal handler for SIGINT, which resets the flag and thus stops the main loop. Suppose I send SIGINT while the program is in subloop, I get an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Theju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in separating variables declared in the main function

Hi! I've a C program as shown below.. The line numbers and the statements of the program are separated by a space.. 1 #include<stdio.h> 2 char a,b,c; 3 float x,y,z; 4 int main() 5 { 6 int d,e,f; 7 // further declarations 8 // further declarations 9 /* body*/ 10 } 11 void fun1() 12... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abk07
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to access argv[x] from another function other than main???

Hi friends, when I am passing arguments to main, I want another function to be able to have access to that function, the problem is that I am creating athread, which has a function like void *xyz(void *), how can pass the refernce of argv to this function, if you see my program, you will better... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

7. Programming

Function main returning int?

H friends, As we know, a function returns a value and that value is saved somwhere. like int Sum( int x, int y ) { return x + y; } Total = Sum( 10, 20 ); The value 30 is saved in variable Total. Now the question is, what int value does the function main return, and where is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

8. Programming

A single statement without main function in c

A sample.c file is written with only one single statement. main; Segmentation fault occurred when executed that file. Any statement other than main; is written, for example unix; then it won't compile. why is this behaviour ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh93 on Linux compatible with ksh93 on AIX

Hi Experts, I have several shell scripts that have been developed on a Linux box for korn ksh93. If we want to run this software on an AIX 6.1 box that runs ksh88 by default can we just change the she-bang line to reference /bin/ksh93 which ships with AIX as its "enhanced shell" to ensure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Turley
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A function that refuses to run anywhere else but main()

Hi. I have some code, that for some reason, I could not post it here in this post. Here's the address for it: #if 0 shc Version 4.0.1, Generic Shell Script Compiler GNU GPL Version 3 Md - Pastebin.com First off, I used "shc" to convert the code from shell script to C. And The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
6 Replies
PCNTL_SIGWAITINFO(3)							 1						      PCNTL_SIGWAITINFO(3)

pcntl_sigwaitinfo - Waits for signals

SYNOPSIS
int pcntl_sigwaitinfo (array $set, [array &$siginfo]) DESCRIPTION
The pcntl_sigwaitinfo(3) function suspends execution of the calling script until one of the signals given in $set are delivered. If one of the signal is already pending (e.g. blocked by pcntl_sigprocmask(3)), pcntl_sigwaitinfo(3) will return immediately. PARAMETERS
o $set - Array of signals to wait for. o $siginfo - The $siginfo parameter is set to an array containing informations about the signal. The following elements are set for all sig- nals: osigno: Signal number oerrno: An error number ocode: Signal code The following elements may be set for the SIGCHLD signal: ostatus: Exit value or signal outime: User time consumed ostime: System time consumed opid: Sending process ID ouid: Real user ID of sending process The following elements may be set for the SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGSEGV and SIGBUS signals: oaddr: Memory location which caused fault The following element may be set for the SIGPOLL signal: oband: Band event ofd: File descriptor number RETURN VALUES
On success, pcntl_sigwaitinfo(3) returns a signal number. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pcntl_sigwaitinfo(3) example <?php echo "Blocking SIGHUP signal "; pcntl_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, array(SIGHUP)); echo "Sending SIGHUP to self "; posix_kill(posix_getpid(), SIGHUP); echo "Waiting for signals "; $info = array(); pcntl_sigwaitinfo(array(SIGHUP), $info); ?> SEE ALSO
pcntl_sigprocmask(3), pcntl_sigtimedwait(3). PHP Documentation Group PCNTL_SIGWAITINFO(3)