Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in making a basic bash script Post 302826173 by liviusbr on Wednesday 26th of June 2013 05:59:27 AM
Old 06-26-2013
Help in making a basic bash script

Hi All,

I am trying to monitor CPU load of few processes, with the same name.
The output that I get from top is the following

28171 root 20 0 1089m 21m 3608 S 103 0.3 15:16.89 /opt/ppp//h264rtptranscoder.bin --videoPort=14504 --audioPort=14505
27589 root 20 0 1060m 23m 3548 S 94 0.3 35:16.57 /opt/ppp/h264rtptranscoder.bin --videoPort=14500 --audioPort=14501

The problem I see here is that top reports my CPU utilisation per core, not avg.
I wanna put the avg load for each process in a nice graph in zabbix.
Anyone who did it before ?

Last edited by liviusbr; 06-26-2013 at 07:08 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic question for making remote mount points

I'm on SunOS 5.8. I'm not sure of the exact terminology, but I want to make a "remote mount" from my server to another server. (Basically I want to create one of the mount points on my server be a shared volume that's on another server here). So if I do a df -k, I want to see all of the volumes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a progress gauge in a bash script

Hello once again: One thing that seems to be a nice feature is a progress gauge... so I can see how long an operation will take for a task to complete if it is requiring a lot of processing or the file is enormous. I have seen references to gauge operations, but I don't know anything about it or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccox85
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix bash script help

Hello there Been using Unix bash scripting for two days now so am very new to this. I am currently doing a project now and i'm basically making a noughts and crosses game (or tic tac toe). I have created the board using an array. When I try and check to see if the array is empty using an If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisHoogie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: making a count

ok basically im trying to count how many people fail a class by comparing there grade by -gt 49 i tried putting a count inside the while loop but i know you cant access a count outside a subshell. is there an easy way to count the number of failures? declare -i failcount=0 awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilekyle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a bash script and small C program for a homework assignment

Here's the assignment. I'll bold the parts that are rough for me. Unfortunately, that's quite a bit lol. The syntax is, of course, where my issues lie, for the most part. I don't have a lot of programming experience at all :/. I'd post what I've already done, but I'm so lost I really don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twk101
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for making complexes of ligands and receptor

I am working with autodock vina for virtual screening and docking with cygwin. Autodock vina generates conformers for multiple ligands. I want to make the complex of these conformers with receptor. e.g. I have 100 .pdbqt files form vina output and one receptor pdbqt file. By running command- cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Patil
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Beginner bash - basic shell script 'while' help...

Hi everyone, first time visitor to these forums here. Keeping a long story short I've been attempting to learn how to code in bash. I have VERY little previous experience with coding languages besides simply copying and pasting batch scripts for Windows. So, with that in mind I've followed a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash on Fedora error on basic script

I am not able to execute bash script on Fedora. They were running on another environment. This is a sample script: #!/usr/bin/bash input="./data/heu/hout1" i=1 j=0 while IFS= read -r file1 do #Some code here done < "$input" #echo $j I get an error: bash: s.sh: command not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
3 Replies
XDG-SU(1)																 XDG-SU(1)

NAME
xdg-su - run a GUI program as root after prompting for the root password SYNOPSIS
xdg-su [-u user] -c command xdg-su {--help --manual --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-su provides a graphical dialog that prompts the user for a password to run command as user or as root if no user was specified. xdg-su is for use inside a desktop session only. xdg-su discards any stdout and stderr output from command. OPTIONS
-u user run command as user. The default is to run as root. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manualpage. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. SEE ALSO
su(1) EXAMPLES
xdg-su -u root -c "/opt/shinythings/bin/install-GUI --install fast" Runs the /opt/shinythings/bin/install-GUI command with root permissions. AUTHOR
Kevin Krammer, Jeremy White. <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> <jwhite@codeweavers.com> This is release 0.5 of the xdg-su Manual 07/31/2006 XDG-SU(1)