Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux RHEL 6.3 - chage command not redirecting the output to console. Post 302826127 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 26th of June 2013 04:32:46 AM
Old 06-26-2013
I just tested it. Works fine for me. Are you root when you run this command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem redirecting output of command to variable

Hi. I'm a newbie in scripting and i have this problem: i want to use the 'fuser' command on a file to tell if it's being accessed (for my purposes: still being written). I want to save the output of the command and later compare with the 'not being used' result. the script: #!/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nunovc
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output of a command to a file

Hi We are having a requirement where one shell script, say a.sh (which uses Java and connects to Oracle database using JDBC) keeps on running everytime. I created a wrapper (to check whether a.sh is running and if not then to start it) and scheduled it in the crontab. Now all the output from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgoel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output that was redirected to variable and console

Hi all, I would like to store the output of a command in a variable and output it to the console at the same time. This is working fine using the following construct var=`command | tee /dev/tty` I use this in some scripts to display the output of the command on the console and, at the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_man
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output as well as commands

I have a Bourne Shell script that is normally run as a background job and redirects it's output to a file internally (using exec >>); I use "set -x" to capture each command which provides me with a nice shell execution log if it all goes to pieces. I now also need to be able to also run this as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AncientCoder
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Graphical console for RHEL 5 server

hi , i installed RHEL 5 server in one machine . i am able to login through putty . But not through Exceed . i mean to say i want a graphical user interface through exceed . some other machine i am able to log in through exceed . is there any configuration is there for that one . did i miss... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console.

Hi can anyone tell me how to redirect the ouput of a cvs command to a file as well as the console? i tried using cvs add <filename> | tee logFile cvs add <filename> 2>logFile 2>&1 All i could get is only on console or on file. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitag2010
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Redirecting console output to ILOM during installation

Hi, I need to install solaris remotely via the ILOM port on a x4170 box, and I have downloaded the Solaris 11 for x86 - text install image and burned it on a DVD. When I boot the box, it's showing the boot_archive loading percentage on the SP console, but when it's done and start the interactive... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: u_paludan
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output to a file in a shell script

Hello All, I have some unique requirement. I have written a very lengthy script which calls number of resource script to execute a particular task. What I want is output of each command(called from main script and resource scripts) should go to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
3 Replies
WPA_PRIV(8)															       WPA_PRIV(8)

NAME
wpa_priv - wpa_supplicant privilege separation helper SYNOPSIS
wpa_priv [ -c ctrl path ] [ -Bdd ] [ -P pid file ] [ driver:ifname [driver:ifname ...] ] OVERVIEW
wpa_priv is a privilege separation helper that minimizes the size of wpa_supplicant code that needs to be run with root privileges. If enabled, privileged operations are done in the wpa_priv process while leaving rest of the code (e.g., EAP authentication and WPA hand- shakes) to operate in an unprivileged process (wpa_supplicant) that can be run as non-root user. Privilege separation restricts the effects of potential software errors by containing the majority of the code in an unprivileged process to avoid the possibility of a full system compromise. wpa_priv needs to be run with network admin privileges (usually, root user). It opens a UNIX domain socket for each interface that is included on the command line; any other interface will be off limits for wpa_supplicant in this kind of configuration. After this, wpa_sup- plicant can be run as a non-root user (e.g., all standard users on a laptop or as a special non-privileged user account created just for this purpose to limit access to user files even further). EXAMPLE CONFIGURATION
The following steps are an example of how to configure wpa_priv to allow users in the wpapriv group to communicate with wpa_supplicant with privilege separation: Create user group (e.g., wpapriv) and assign users that should be able to use wpa_supplicant into that group. Create /var/run/wpa_priv directory for UNIX domain sockets and control user access by setting it accessible only for the wpapriv group: mkdir /var/run/wpa_priv chown root:wpapriv /var/run/wpa_priv chmod 0750 /var/run/wpa_priv Start wpa_priv as root (e.g., from system startup scripts) with the enabled interfaces configured on the command line: wpa_priv -B -c /var/run/wpa_priv -P /var/run/wpa_priv.pid wext:wlan0 Run wpa_supplicant as non-root with a user that is in the wpapriv group: wpa_supplicant -i ath0 -c wpa_supplicant.conf COMMAND ARGUMENTS
-c ctrl path Specify the path to wpa_priv control directory (Default: /var/run/wpa_priv/). -B Run as a daemon in the background. -P file Set the location of the PID file. driver:ifname [driver:ifname ...] The <driver> string dictates which of the supported wpa_supplicant driver backends is to be used. To get a list of supported driver types see wpa_supplicant help (e.g, wpa_supplicant -h). The driver backend supported by most good drivers is wext. The <ifname> string specifies which network interface is to be managed by wpa_supplicant (e.g., wlan0 or ath0). wpa_priv does not use the network interface before wpa_supplicant is started, so it is fine to include network interfaces that are not available at the time wpa_priv is started. wpa_priv can control multiple interfaces with one process, but it is also possible to run multiple wpa_priv processes at the same time, if desired. SEE ALSO
wpa_supplicant(8) LEGAL
wpa_supplicant is copyright (c) 2003-2012, Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi> and contributors. All Rights Reserved. This program is licensed under the BSD license (the one with advertisement clause removed). 09 June 2014 WPA_PRIV(8)