Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance Post 302826069 by Just Ice on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 10:17:40 PM
Old 06-25-2013
apparently what you are seeing with scp performance on solaris 11 is by design according to this oracle document ...

anyways, see if the script described here helps out with your issue ... if it does, please post the fix to your problem here so everybody learns ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help! Slow Performance

Is the performance now very, very slow (pages take a very long time to load)? Or is it just me? Neo (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep is very slow : How to improve performance

We have an egrep search in a while loop. egrep -w "$key" ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update >> ${PICKUP_DIR}/update_record_new ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update is 210 MB file In each iteration, the egrep on an average takes around 50-60 seconds to search. Ther'es nothing significant in the loop other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
7 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Slow Copy(CP) performance

Hi all We have got issues with copying a 2.6 GB file from one folder to another folder. Well, this is not the first issue we are having on the box currently, i will try to explain everything we have done from the past 2 days. We got a message 2 days back saying that our Production is 98%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_sri
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow copy/performance... between volumes

hi guys We are seeing weird issues on my Linux Suse 10, it has lotus 8.5 and 1 filesystem for OS and another for Lotus Database. the issue is when the Lotus service starts wait on top is very high about 25% percent and in general CPU usage is very high we found that when this happens if we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow performance filtering file

Please, I need help tuning my script. It works but it's too slow. The code reads an acivity log file with 50.000 - 100.000 lines and filters error messages from it. The data in the actlog file look similar to this: 02/08/2011 00:25:01,ANR2034E QUERY MOUNT: No match found using this criteria.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miila
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

99% performance wa, slow server.

There is a big problem with the server (VPS based on OpenVZ, CentOS 5, 3GB RAM). The problem is the following. The first 15-20 minutes after starting the server is operating normally, the load average is less than or about 1.0, but then begins to increase sharply% wa, then hovers around 95-99%.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: draiphod
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

GFS file system performance is very slow

My code Hi All, I am having redhat linux 5.3 (Tikanga) with GFS file system and its very very slow for executing ls -ls command also.Please see the below for 2minits 12 second takes. Please help me to fix the issue. $ sudo time ls -la BadFiles |wc -l 0.01user 0.26system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)