Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using rsync --link-dest pointing to a remote server Post 302825963 by Orionizer on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 01:39:11 PM
Old 06-25-2013
No problem! Hoping this works and, of course, will let you know one way or the other. I do believe I've nixed the issue though! Smilie

I should also state, sorry for being so rusty. The last time I worked on any serious shell scripts was in college in 1990 or so (on an AT&T UNIX box), so I'm quite out of practice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

creating link for a file of remote server

Hi, I use to access a file on remote server. Can I create a link for this file present on remote server on my local server, if yes then please let me know. Thanx in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server?

Hello, Can you help me to write a shell script for rsync a folder from my server to remote server ? i do this in ssh by this command : rsync -avz -e ssh /copy/me/ login@serverip:/where/to i want have a shell script that do this command. and you know that this command ask remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Desperados
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync with --link-dest doesn't create hard links

I have been experimenting with rsync as a scriptable backup option, reading various example and tips pages, including Time Machine for every Unix out there - IMHO That page seems to describe the exact behavior I want: The ability to make a "full backup" snapshot regularly, but with rsync... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fitzwilliam
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To know the server which the production is pointing to?

Hi, How to know which server(Application or webserver) the production link or url is pointing to? Is there any command to get the server IP address? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to create a sym link pointing a changing name.

Hello A new file is created every day with the date appended to the end of a name. We are using Autosys to run jobs which watches for the file and runs jobs. But Autosys does not have the capability to figure out the current date. I tried creating a symlink like this ln -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vra5107
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using remote rsync, but copy locally?

I'm looking to use rsync to compare remote files and to copy the diff to a local directory, rather than transfer over the net. The net connection is not fast enough to transfer these files (~1.8TB) and I'd like to sneakernet them instead. Possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfbills
4 Replies

7. Solaris

rsync - remote connection error

Hi , We have installed rsync in two Solaris boxes, when we try to sync files from one machine to another.. it is giving the following error. ld.so.1: rsync: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) rsync... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with rsync using link-dest

Hi, I'm trying to keep backups of my home directory (i.e. back it up every day or so) using rsync with link-dest. This is how I do it, rsync -avh --delete --link-dest=/media/disk/oldbackup/ /home/user/ /media/disk/newbackup rm -f /media/disk/oldbackup ln -s newbackup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)