Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line Post 302825939 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 12:37:02 PM
Old 06-25-2013
pipe your ldapsearch to
Code:
awk '$1!~/^groupMembership:$/ || $2~/^cn=diwvgrp/'

Also possible with sed
Code:
sed '/^groupMembership:/{/cn=diwvgrp/!d;}'

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 06-25-2013 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: awk with OR
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a block of text delimited by blank lines when pattern is found

I have a file which contains blocks of text - each block is a multi-lines text delimited by blank lines eg. <blank line> several lines of text ... pattern found on this line several more lines of text ... <blank line> How do you delete the block of text (including the blank lines) when... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gleu
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Last occurance of another pattern when a pattern is found.

Hi, I have two files viz, rak1: $ cat rak1 rak2: $ cat rak2 sdiff rak1 rak2 returns: I want the lines that got modified, changed, or deleted preceding with the section they are in. I have done this so far: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change line found by pattern using sed

I want to change a line like CPM_THRESHOLD 0.8 // to a new value using sed I am trying sed -i "s/CPM_THRESHOLD/CPM_THRESHOLD\t$COH\t\t\/\//" $INPUT_4 but how can i substitute the whole line begining with CPM_THRESHOLD and substitute it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a line below where the pattern found

Hi All, I have a file say abc.xml. In this file, I need to search for a pattern “SAP_GATEWAY_HOST”; if this pattern found and the next line also contain the pattern “nwprc03.cos” then I need to replace this pattern “nwprc03.cos” with some other pattern “nwdrc03.apjp”. $ cat abc.xml... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ritesh.patni84
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line if pattern not found

I thought that this was going to be quit simple using sed but i wasn't able to find a way to delete the second line of a text file if my pattern was not found in the line With awk i am completly useless :rolleyes: Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jepeto
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the line no, where the particular pattern is not found

Hi, suppose i have a txt file containing thye following data 2012156|sb3|nwknjps|BAYONNE|NJ|tcg 201221|094|mtnnjprc:HACKENSACK|NJ|tcg 201222|wn3|mtnnjtc|HACKENSACK|NJ|tcg 2018164|ik4|mtnntc|JERSEY CITY|NJ|tcg 20123482|ik4|mtnnjpritc,JERSEY CITY|NJ|tcg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace line with found unknown pattern

Hi, I have a file with the following content: --------- a 3242 tc_5 gdfg4 random text a 3242 tc_6 gdfg4 random text a 3242 tc_7 gdfg4 random text a 3242 tc_4 gdfg4 --------- I want to replace the lines containing tc_? (tc_5, tc_6 etc. even with unknown numbers) with the found... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joas
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

prompt to delete each record when pattern is found

Hello!. I am working on a very simple program and I have been trying different things. This is so far what I have done and there is one small detail that still does not work. It finds all the records in a phonebook per say: ./rem Susan More than one match; Please select the one to remove: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartsimpsong
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text on particular line after pattern found

hi, i have /etc/inittab, I want to add another line after that when i find a pattern "l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6". original l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 after-change l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/rc 6 /sbin/if-pp-to-cng (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies
FNMATCH(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							FNMATCH(3)

NAME
fnmatch - match filename or pathname SYNOPSIS
#include <fnmatch.h> int fnmatch(const char *pattern, const char *string, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The fnmatch() function checks whether the string argument matches the pattern argument, which is a shell wildcard pattern. The flags argument modifies the behavior; it is the bitwise OR of zero or more of the following flags: FNM_NOESCAPE If this flag is set, treat backslash as an ordinary character, instead of an escape character. FNM_PATHNAME If this flag is set, match a slash in string only with a slash in pattern and not by an asterisk (*) or a question mark (?) metacharacter, nor by a bracket expression ([]) containing a slash. FNM_PERIOD If this flag is set, a leading period in string has to be matched exactly by a period in pattern. A period is considered to be leading if it is the first character in string, or if both FNM_PATHNAME is set and the period immediately follows a slash. FNM_FILE_NAME This is a GNU synonym for FNM_PATHNAME. FNM_LEADING_DIR If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, the pattern is considered to be matched if it matches an initial segment of string which is followed by a slash. This flag is mainly for the internal use of glibc and is implemented only in certain cases. FNM_CASEFOLD If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, the pattern is matched case-insensitively. FNM_EXTMATCH If this flag (a GNU extension) is set, extended patterns are supported, as introduced by 'ksh' and now supported by other shells. The extended format is as follows, with pattern-list being a '|' separated list of patterns. '?(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if zero or one occurrences of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '*(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if zero or more occurrences of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '+(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if one or more occurrences of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '@(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if exactly one occurrence of any of the patterns in the pattern-list match the input string. '!(pattern-list)' The pattern matches if the input string cannot be matched with any of the patterns in the pattern-list. RETURN VALUE
Zero if string matches pattern, FNM_NOMATCH if there is no match or another nonzero value if there is an error. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+--------------------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+--------------------+ |fnmatch() | Thread safety | MT-Safe env locale | +----------+---------------+--------------------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, POSIX.2. The FNM_FILE_NAME, FNM_LEADING_DIR, and FNM_CASEFOLD flags are GNU extensions. SEE ALSO
sh(1), glob(3), scandir(3), wordexp(3), glob(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2015-12-28 FNMATCH(3)