Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming *** glibc detected *** ./a.out malloc() memory corruption Post 302825893 by alister on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 10:57:44 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Because of buffering, printf is insufficient to determine if fopen was reached. Use strace or similiar to monitor open() syscalls.

Did you try recompiling without the pointless fseek which immediately follows fclose?

Regards,
Alister

Last edited by alister; 06-25-2013 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 ***

when i try to use the class i wrote, i either get this: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 *** and the proccess exits with an error code of 0; or it segfaults. could someone look at my header file (with imp.) to give me some insight as to why its not working? ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
19 Replies

2. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

3. Programming

Why does this occur? *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x10013ff8 ***

there seems not to be error in this segment. In some computers, it can work well. But in others, it will give a failure. why it ocurrs and how to deal with it? in a function: if( *ver == NULL ) { *ver = (vertex *) malloc(sizeof(vertex)); //this line ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
17 Replies

4. Programming

solved: glibc detection corruption using a fork in popen

Hi, I am having a hell of a time getting this to work. So basically, I have opened a popen to run a program that is going to prompt an action to occur half way through, when it gets to this I need to create a separate process and do some stuff, then return to the original process. This works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrank27
0 Replies

5. Programming

./match_pattern.out: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0000000013a11600 ***

Hi All, I have a simple code which does some computation by matching string patterns. In brief: 1. The code reads .dat and .txt files. 2. .dat files are huge text files and .txt files contain some important words. 3. I am just doing strstr to find the patterns. 4. The function returns the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast):

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): Posted A minute ago M trying to make multiway tree and dont know what happend when this part of code get executed: 01void ins(NODE *ptr) 02{ 03 //working 04 if(ptr!=NULL) 05 { 06 SNODE *var=NULL; 07 var=(SNODE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: exgenome
3 Replies

7. Programming

glib detected: malloc() memory curruption

I am using libxml2 library for XMl parsing and libxml++ is C++ wrapper over that. So I am using API of libxml++. I am creating my class and composing instance xmlpp::Node *pNode in that. my class also have funciton prepareXPathQuery() which creates query string and have other fucntion... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharadwagh
2 Replies

8. Programming

*** glibc detected *** : malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Hi Friends, while executing the below code, am getting *** glibc detected *** ./ok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast) error, please suggest how to solve this issue. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sqlca.h> #include <alloca.h> /* Define constants for VARCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpjobsrch
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ glibc detected double free or corruption(!prev) using shared library

Currently I test a shared library vendor provided in linux , the following is the simple source : #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern int test1(); extern int test2(); int main() { cout << "hello world" << endl ; return 0 ; cout << "Test 1" << endl; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barfatchen
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies
fopen(3UCB)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Library Functions					       fopen(3UCB)

NAME
fopen, freopen - open a stream SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [ flag ... ] file ... #include <stdio.h> FILE *fopen(file, mode) const char *file, *mode; FILE *freopen(file, mode, iop) const char *file, *mode; register FILE *iop; DESCRIPTION
The fopen() function opens the file specified by file and associates a stream with it. If the open succeeds, fopen() returns a pointer to be used to identify the stream in subsequent operations. The file argument points to a character string that contains the name of the file to be opened. The mode argument is a character string having one of the following values: r open for reading w truncate or create for writing a append: open for writing at end of file, or create for writing r+ open for update (reading and writing) w+ truncate or create for update a+ append; open or create for update at EOF The freopen() function opens the file specified by file and associates the stream pointed to by iop with it. The mode argument is used just as in fopen(). The original stream is closed, regardless of whether the open ultimately succeeds. If the open succeeds, freopen() returns the original value of iop. The freopen() function is typically used to attach the preopened streams associated withstdin, stdout, and stderr to other files. When a file is opened for update, both input and output can be performed on the resulting stream. Output cannot be directly followed by input without an intervening fseek(3C) or rewind(3C). Input cannot be directly followed by output without an intervening fseek(3C) or rewind(3C). An input operation that encounters EOF will fail. RETURN VALUES
The fopen() and freopen() functions return a NULL pointer on failure. USAGE
The fopen() and freopen() functions have transitional interfaces for 64-bit file offsets. See lf64(5). SEE ALSO
cc(1B), open(2), fclose(3C), fopen(3C), freopen(3C), fseek(3C), malloc(3C), rewind(3C), lf64(5) NOTES
Use of these functions should be restricted to applications written on BSD platforms. Use of these functions with any of the system libraries or in multithreaded applications is unsupported. To support the same number of open files as the system, fopen() must allocate additional memory for data structures using malloc(3C) after 64 files have been opened. This confuses some programs that use their own memory allocators. The fopen() and freopen() functions differ from the standard I/O functions fopen(3C) and freopen(3C). The standard I/O functions distin- guish binary from text files with an additional use of 'b' as part of the mode, enabling portability of fopen(3C) and freopen(3C) beyond SunOS 4.x systems. SunOS 5.11 30 Oct 2007 fopen(3UCB)