Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete a column/columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "? Post 302825883 by dhruuv369 on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 10:36:28 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Thank you RudiC for explaining the code, it works perfectly for any given columns. Cheers

Last edited by dhruuv369; 06-25-2013 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: No Specific reason...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace "," with "." only in specific columns of a file?

Hi all, I have this text file containing 9 columns separated by space. The 8th columns contains the numbers. C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 C8 C9 er rt yt gh iu nk il 0.07 xs yt lr ty bg iu zk nh 0,0005 lt ...etc. I want to replace the comma with full stop only in 8th coloumn. the output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing between repeated entries based on the "absolute values" of a column

Hello, I was looking for a way to select between the repeated entries (column1) based on the values of absolute values of column 3 (larger value). For example if the same gene id has FC value -2 and 1, I should get the output as -2. Kindly help. GeneID Description FC ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with CSV files values enclosed with ""

I have a CSV file as shown below "1","SANTHA","KUMAR","SAM,MILLER","DEVELOPER","81,INDIA" "2","KAPIL","DHAMI","ECO SPORT","DEVELOPER","82,INDIA" File is comma delimited.All the field values are enclosed by double quotes. But while using awk or cut, it interprets the comma which is present in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhansk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the commas in a .CSV file that are enclosed in a string with double quotes?

Okay, I would like to delete all the commas in a .CSV file (TEST.CSV) or at least substitute them with empty space, that are enclosed in double quote. Please see the sample file as below: column 1,column 2,column 3,column 4,column 5,column 6,column 7,column 8,column 9,column 10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

6. Linux

To get all the columns in a CSV file based on unique values of particular column

cat sample.csv ID,Name,no 1,AAA,1 2,BBB,1 3,AAA,1 4,BBB,1 cut -d',' -f2 sample.csv | sort | uniq this gives only the 2nd column values Name AAA BBB How to I get all the columns of CSV along with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanvel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "?

Hi How can I delete a columns from a CSV file which has comma separated value with a string enclosed in double quotes or square bracket and a comma in between? I have a csv file with below format. Template,Target Server,Target Component,Rule Group,Rule,Rule Reference Number,Rule... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing "." with "GG" in a certain column of a file that has heading

Hi, all, I have a file that looks like: ## XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ## YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY #AA AB AC AD AE AF AG AH AI AJ AK AL 20 60039 60039 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies
CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS - maximum connection cache size SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS, long amount); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long. The set amount will be the maximum number of simultaneously open persistent connections that libcurl may cache in the pool associated with this handle. The default is 5, and there isn't much point in changing this value unless you are perfectly aware of how this works and changes libcurl's behaviour. This concerns connections using any of the protocols that support persistent connections. When reaching the maximum limit, curl closes the oldest one in the cache to prevent increasing the number of open connections. If you already have performed transfers with this curl handle, setting a smaller CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3) than before may cause open connec- tions to get closed unnecessarily. If you add this easy handle to a multi handle, this setting is not acknowledged, and you must instead use curl_multi_setopt(3) and the CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3) option. DEFAULT
5 PROTOCOLS
Most EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Always RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3), CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS(3), libcurl 7.54.0 April 18, 2016 CURLOPT_MAXCONNECTS(3)