Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search Pattern and combine into single file Post 302825773 by navkanwal on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 06:24:15 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Thanks Sir.

The command is working fine and output was generated in less than 5 minutes.
Thanks for your support.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a pattern in a file with contents in a single line

Hi all I am searching for a pattern in a file . The file content is in a single line.If am doing a grep or sed for the a particular pattern am getting whole file. I want the result in different lines. attaching the file for reference search pattern "/xxxxxx/hhhh/tttttttt/sss/" and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match and search in single statement

Hi All, I am trying to alter all lines between EXEC SQL and END-EXEC that have an INCLUDE in them. The following code search="INCLUDE " cp -f ${WORK}/$file.in ${WORK}/$file.wrk2 for item in `echo $search `; do > ${WORK}/$file.wrk1 awk -vITEM="$item" '{ if ( $0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine in single file

I have 2 files: phone.txt and mobile.txt ex. phone.txt MOBILENO|DISABLE_DATE 919687877754|9/1/2011| 919687877762|9/1/2011| 919687880573|9/1/2011| 919687882658|9/2/2011| Ex. mobile.txt MOBILENO |TIME 919687880573|2011-09-17 12:23:40| 919687882658|2011-10-10 21:15:33|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khingx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find first files in a directory and combine them as a single file?

i have below list of files in a directory. /root/admin/files/file1.txt /root/admin/files/file2.txt /root/admin/files/file3.txt /root/admin/files/pattern.txt /root/admin/files/server.txt i need combine the above text files in the below sequence, file1.txt, pattern.txt,server.txt =>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple Files into Single One File One after other

I am trying to combine 4 .dat files into one single Output file Inputs are:- file123.dat, file256.dat, file378.dat & file490 Expected Output:- FileName=file1 {text from file1} EOF {blank line} FileName=file2 {text from file2} EOF {blank line} FileName=file3 {text from file3} EOF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Pattern and Print lines in Single Column

Hi Experts I have small query where I request the into a single file Suppose: File1: {Unique entries} AA BB CC DD FileB: AA, 123 AA, 234 AA, 2345 CC, 123 CC, 5678 DD,123 BB, 7890 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies
acctcms(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       acctcms(1M)

NAME
acctcms - command summary from process accounting records SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/acctcms [ -a [-o] [-p]] [-c] [-j] [-n] [-s] [-t] filename... DESCRIPTION
acctcms reads one or more filenames, normally in the form described in acct.h(3HEAD). It adds all records for processes that executed iden- tically named commands, sorts them, and writes them to the standard output, normally using an internal summary format. OPTIONS
-a Print output in ASCII rather than in the internal summary format. The output includes command name, number of times executed, total kcore-minutes, total CPU minutes, total real minutes, mean size (in K), mean CPU minutes per invocation, "hog factor," char- acters transferred, and blocks read and written, as in acctcom(1). Output is normally sorted by total kcore-minutes. Use the following options only with the -a option: -o Output a (non-prime) offshift-time-only command summary. -p Output a prime-time-only command summary. When -o and -p are used together, a combination prime-time and non-prime-time report is produced. All the output summaries are total usage except number of times executed, CPU minutes, and real minutes, which are split into prime and non-prime. -c Sort by total CPU time, rather than total kcore-minutes. -j Combine all commands invoked only once under "***other". -n Sort by number of command invocations. -s Any file names encountered hereafter are already in internal summary format. -t Process all records as total accounting records. The default internal summary format splits each field into prime and non-prime- time parts. This option combines the prime and non-prime time parts into a single field that is the total of both, and provides upward compatibility with old style acctcms internal summary format records. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the acctcms command. A typical sequence for performing daily command accounting and for maintaining a running total is: example% acctcms filename ... > today example% cp total previoustotal example% acctcms -s today previoustotal > total example% acctcms -a -s today ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), acct(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Unpredictable output results if -t is used on new style internal summary format files, or if it is not used with old style internal summary format files. SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 acctcms(1M)