Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ping Response from the host name Post 302825665 by sharsour on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 12:42:16 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Ping Response from the host name

Hi All,

I have the requirement where am pinging the server and matching the IP address with the existing IP address. Below code is returning me the IP address and my requirement is i have to see that also whether it is pinging or not

Code:
PING useipapd01 (172.22.32.87) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from useipapd01 (172.22.32.87): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.028 ms
64 bytes from useipapd01 (172.22.32.87): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.028 ms

below code is giving me the IP address of the first line. But i want to get the second line also which will tell me whether it is pinging the server or not.
Code:
ip1=$(ping -q -c 1 -t 1 "$host" |grep PING | grep -Eo '[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}')

I want to check the second line which should tell me whether it is pinging or not

Code:
64 bytes from hostname

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to ping a host, is it alive or not ...

hello to everyone, i was wondering if you could help me with a script im working on, it's kind of simple but i dont have a lot experience on unix comands: well, here it is: you might apreciate the infinite while loop :D, it is supossed to be running on the server all day scaning it every 5... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
12 Replies

4. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing ping response

Hi! I'm trying to create a script for seeing if a host is alive, and depending on the ammount of packet loss, send an mail+sms to warn if the host seems to be dead. The script i'm trying to use is: pinger () { ping_stat=`ping -c 4 host.name | grep loss | awk '{print $7}'` echo "Packet... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
18 Replies

6. AIX

Ping response

:confused:Hi, In linux if ping to a system from a linux server it shows ping time=0.120ms how we can achive this in aix. i need this for a latency check. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

ping can not recognize host but host command can

Hi, I have a weird problem. when ever I do ping command like for example ping unix.comI get the following message: # ping unix.com ping: unknown host unix.com but when I use host the computer is able to know the host. # host unix.com unix.com has address 81.17.242.186 unix.com mail is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping Host Until it is up and email

Hi I am trying to write a script which runs until the host is up. i got it figured out that it needs to be in loop till it return $? = 0. Not getting it through though. I am not sure about the 6th line !!! #!/bin/sh HOSTS="host.txt" ping(){ for myhost in "$HOSTS" do ping -c -1 "$myhost"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antergen
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping + timestamp + selected response

Hello All, i would like to start ping command and the result should contain also Timestate. this i'm able to do with following command : ping HOSTNAME | perl -nle 'print scalar(localtime), " ", $_' or ping HOSTNAME | awk '/time\=(+\.{2}) ms /^+ bytes from / { "date" | getline pong;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ob3l1x
1 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD