Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to parse and update a parameter file Post 302825483 by sureshg_sampat on Tuesday 25th of June 2013 12:08:50 AM
Old 06-25-2013
Script to parse and update a parameter file

Dear All-

My requirement is as below, need your inputs please

1]
I have a file name Param.txt which contains the below data
#GLOBAL#
PARAM_VALUE=N

CTRY=UK

2] Next, I want to write a script which will check for some condition (lets assume checking count of records in a file). Once this condition is success, the script should read Param.txt, parse this file to find #GLOBAL#, and find the parameter "PARAM_VALUE" and then change the value of this from N to Y.
Thus post running of this script, it should ideally update value of parameter value within a file (from N to Y in this case)

Please help me with this script..

Thanks in advance

Suresh

---------- Post updated at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:03 PM ----------

Dear all, any inputs on this ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter file for a shell script

Hi I was able to pass parameters to a shell script from the command line but now, I am trying to make the shell script to get those parameters/values from a file. Please give me ideas how to do this or if you have an example or website that shows how to do this. I tried searches but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file as script parameter

I have a file with userIDs, one per line no spaces. I have a script that accepts userIDs as a parameter and outputs information about them. What I have had to do in the past was to modify each line of the file with userIDs to call the script with the userID and pipe the output to a data file. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmaxx
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a parameter file in the script

Here is my code which i am using wright now: CODE #!/bin/bash awk ' BEGIN { FS="|"; while ( getline <"file1.txt" > 0) a=$2 } { if($1 in a) printf("%s %s Specialty Mapped\n", $1, a) > "mapped.txt" else printf("%s %s Specialty Not mapped\n", $1, $2) > "notmapped.txt" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsh007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse a file faster

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2 op=-1 msgId=-1 -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to parse the properties file

Hi Friends, I have a requirement to parse a properties file having a key=value pairs. i need to count the number of key value pairs in the properties file and iterate through each key-value pair. I have written the script to read the number of lines from the property file, but cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashdeep
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to parse bookmarks file

I am using Internet Explorer v10 at work and regularly need to import my personal Firefox bookmarks over. Long story short, I have found the import falling over on any bookmark elements which are over 256 characters. The bookmark file contains bookmarks of this format: <DT><A... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozgadgetguy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script parse file Linux

Hi all, I need help for a script that pulls out a series of numbers from a file (attached file) Basically I need a parse to write me in a variable: 9d424312 Can someone help me? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gianvitolinuxs
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script parse file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I need help for a script that pulls out a series of numbers from a file (attached file) Basically I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gianvitolinuxs
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install init scripts and/or upstart jobs into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing init scripts with associated defaults files, as well as upstart job files into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.init If this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , and for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the init script (and default file) as well as upstart job file using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.init, debian/package.name.default and debian/package.name.upstart instead of the usual debian/package.init, debian/package.default and debian/package.upstart. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter is incompatible with the use of upstart jobs. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> 9.20120909 2012-04-10 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)