Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading values from sql query Post 302825345 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 24th of June 2013 07:11:03 AM
Old 06-24-2013
exec 5< will create a file handler...

I wont get it why you cant use it? the whole reason you posted here is to get a solution because your current code doesnt work that way right?

I am unable to sense the requirement here Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in reading a output of a sql query in unix script

i'm used a sql query in a unix script to get the information from table. but unable to extract the output which i need. Any help with logic will be greatly appreciated. my sql query provide output some thing like this - col1 col2 count ---- ---- ------ A B 10 c D 6 e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from a file using DB2 SQL

I have some alphbetical codes in that (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting values of 2 columns from sql query in UNIX variables

Hi, I have connected to oracle database with sqlplus -s / <<EOF select ename, age from emp where empid=1234; EOF I want to save the values of ename and age in unix shell variables. Any pointers would be welcome.. Thanks in advance!!1 Cheers :):):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

8. Programming

Query SQL get two values differents from the same columns

Hi, I have 2 different values in the same column and two different values in other column Query 1 ins name value 1 Test 12345 1 TestV1 12/10/2014 8 Test 85435 8 TestV1 11/11/2005 9 Test 42232 9 TestV1 19/10/2000 6 Test 54321... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: faka
6 Replies

9. Programming

Help writing SQL query

Hello All, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have zero sql query writing skill, in fact, I've never done it before, but for some reason, a request came across my desk to get information from one of our databases. I have about 200 ticket numbers that have no information attached,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asign to variable ksh some values of sql query

Hi, I'm trying to asign to ksh varible some values of a sql query. The output query would be: xxxx 1 yyyy 2 I do: values=`$PATH_UTI/query_sh " select think1||'------'||think2 from some_table where think3 = '$1'; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
2 Replies
SWAC-GET(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SWAC-GET(1)

NAME
swac-get - audio collections of words (SWAC) manager SYNOPSIS
swac-get [-t] [clear] [update] | [upgrade] | [select <url|packid>] | [deselect <url|packid>] | [list] | [list-sources] | [list-available] | [sql <query>] | [--help] | [--version] DESCRIPTION
Swac-get is a simple command line program which allows to download and install audio collections of words (SWAC) in a SQLite3 database. Audio collections can be imported from the hard drive or directly from the Internet using the HTTP protocol. Swac-get is designed to be used with swac-explore, a GTK+ interface which allows the browsing of the created SQLite3 database. An important set of free audio collec- tions of words (SWAC) is available at: http://swac-collections.org/ For more information, please, visit the Shtooka Project homepage at: http://shtooka.net/ . COMMANDS
clear clear database deselect <url|packid> delete records of the package <url|packid> from the database list list installed packages list-available list available packages list-sources list source repositories sql <query> execute a sql query in the database select <url|packid> insert records of the package <url|packid> in the database ex: swac-get select file:///home/<my directory>/ swac-get select http://packs.shtooka.net/<my package>/ogg/ swac-get select fra-balm-voc select source-delete <url> delete <url> from the repositories list source-deselect <url> deselect <url> from the repositories list source-select <url> add <url> to the repositories list ex: swac-get source-select http://packs.shtooka.net/ swac-get source-select file:///home/<my directory>/ update update the list of available packages upgrade upgrade installed packages OPTIONS
-t, --target <path> set the SQLite3 database path (default path is ~/.swac/swac.db) -v, --version print version information and exit -h, --help print this help and exit EXAMPLES
swac-get source-select http://packs.shtooka.net/ swac-get update swac-get select chi-balm-hsk1 swac-get select fra-balm-voc BUGS
swac-get doesn't care about the version number for the upgrade command. AUTHOR
swac-get and this manual page were written by Nicolas Vion <nico@picapo.net>. mai 25, 2008 SWAC-GET(1)