Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Mount Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX Mount Issue Post 302825339 by rbatte1 on Monday 24th of June 2013 06:50:20 AM
Old 06-24-2013
Has a filesystem been build on the slice /dev/sda1? With this naming convention, I'm assuming you are running a Linux variant, so it might need an mkfs appropriate to the (logical) volume type you have created.

How did you create the volume and what did you define it as? We would need to know:-
  • Partition type as defined with fdisk (was it type 8e, Linux LVM?)
  • Options from a pvcreate

There may be follow up question depending on what you chose. It might just be a procedural issue.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB Mount issue in Solaris 10

Hi All, :confused: I had an issue with the USB in Solaris 10 Ultra SParc machine. I am able to mount the USB in my machine using the mount command. # mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s0:c /mnt The problem is when i copy a file from my local hard disk to the USB using the " cp -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spavindla
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

NFS4 Mount issue - ASAP

Hi, I am trying to mount via nfs4 # mount -t nfs4 10.1.56.16:/Apps /works/apps/xyz Error: Warning rpc.idmapd apperas not to be running all uids will be mapped to the nobody uid mount to NFS server "10.1.56.16' failed RPC error: program/version mismatched pls help - this is coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

NFS-Mount issue

Hi, While i try to mount the NFS file system on the client linux server i am getting the error message as (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mount issue

Hi, I was running short of space on /tmp which was mounted on /. Now I tried to move /tmp to another device unfortunately everything in that particular folder got copied in /tmp so I reverted back by mounting it to /. But now it has started pointing to all folders with /. How do I get out of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

NFS mount issue

Hi Friends, My source server is HP and my destination is linux. I have to mount a dir thru nfs from source to destn. almost 8 servers i did the same thing and it is working fine but on the 9th server i can't able to mount. Everything i have did for nfs configuration.Even i can able to ping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mount issue

Hi There, I have following issue: # df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/hda1 30470144 4200476 24696908 15% / /dev/hda6 223461396 82243140 129683992 39% /apps /dev/hda5 10153988 155100 9474772 2%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunil Koya
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount issue

I format a usb key: mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sdf1 mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sdf2 (also tried mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdfx and mke2fs -t ext4 /dev/sdfx) and have the following: # fdisk -l Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sdf1 * 64 6097695 3048816 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/fstab mount issue

I have a virtual machine with Redhat installed . I am trying to link CD/DVD Drive 1 to /media/cdrom1 and CD/DVD Drive 0 to /media/cdrom0 I tried making these changed in /etc/fstab by adding the below line to it /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterthered
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS mount issue

we are facing a weird NFS mount issue on one of the linux host , a NFS volume of 2.4TB is mounted in the linux host , but df only reports 131g , which exactly matches rootfilesytem size nfs mount filer_filer1:/vol/bug_test/q0 131G 116G 8.5G 94% /nas/bug_test root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Mount issue please help

Hi all I have a mount issue, that is as follows: somebody as mount a certain file system /sim5 on /, so when I do df -h /sim5it returns Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 9.6G 7.0G 2.6G 74% /, which is the same as df -h /... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
25 Replies
PVRESIZE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       PVRESIZE(8)

NAME
pvresize - resize a disk or partition in use by LVM2 SYNOPSIS
pvresize [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [--setphysicalvolumesize size] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvresize resizes PhysicalVolume which may already be in a volume group and have active logical volumes allocated on it. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --setphysicalvolumesize size Overrides the automatically-detected size of the PV. Use with care, or prior to reducing the physical size of the device. EXAMPLES
Expand the PV on /dev/sda1 after enlarging the partition with fdisk: pvresize /dev/sda1 Shrink the PV on /dev/sda1 prior to shrinking the partition with fdisk (ensure that the PV size is appropriate for your intended new parti- tion size): pvresize --setphysicalvolumesize 40G /dev/sda1 RESTRICTIONS
pvresize will refuse to shrink PhysicalVolume if it has allocated extents after where its new end would be. In the future, it should relo- cate these elsewhere in the volume group if there is sufficient free space, like pvmove does. pvresize won't currently work correctly on LVM1 volumes or PVs with extra metadata areas. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvmove(8), lvresize(8), fdisk(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVRESIZE(8)