Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat (.) at the end of file attribute. Post 302825261 by hergp on Monday 24th of June 2013 03:45:41 AM
Old 06-24-2013
It means, that the file has a SELinux security context.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Created On attribute

Hi, I need to find out when a file has been created. 'ls -l' just lists the last date the file was modified. I have also noticed when viewing the attributes through NT, the last modified date is the same as the file creation date. I thought maybe this was a fault due to samba. I guess what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpalmer
1 Replies

2. Linux

File attribute Help please

Could anyone help i have a question that i have a problem with for my home work it is, How do i change file permissions in a command line enviromet thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cube3k
1 Replies

3. Programming

UNIX->C++ File attribute

Hi to all, I need in Microsoft C++ to IDENTIFY unix files which are LINKS. I use CFTPFILEFIND class. Thanks :-) .:rolleyes: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mizrachi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Attribute Changes

Hello , I am stuck out in a part of my script, though I am trying it through a script of loops but i emphasis on having a short code : Input file has Attribute values changing with time Date Monday October 30 10:22:56 IST 2006 object values references Date ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking a particular attribute's value in a file...

HI, Iam new to scripting..I need some guidance for invoking the following logic.. My input file contains Event Time = Thu, Nov 6, 2008 08:41:56 AM Probable Cause = UnspecifiedReason Specific Problems = BTS down due to Tx ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Llb
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Password Attribute

Hello Friends , Where do i check the following settings in redhat ? 1. Minimum required number of characters in the password (passwordMinLength) 2. Minimum number of digit characters, meaning numbers between zero and nine (passwordMinDigits) 3. Minimum number of ASCII alphabetic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing attribute value in xml file using shell

I have an xml file.I want to change the value of some tag: <WASConfig version='1.1'> <JavaVirtualMachine> <scope> <server> <hostNode>myAsNode</hostNode> <name>myserver</name> </server> </scope> <Settings> <Setting> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use xml_grep to get the value of an attribute?

I'm using xml_grep command to get the value of different tags in a xml-file. No i also need the value of an attribute in a tag. Can I use xml_grep for this? Does anybody know how? ex. : <Name xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLinst" xsi:spaceSchema="Name_5879.xsd"> ... </Name> I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistach
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check the string in a file and print an attribute in the message

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and got a task to complete. Task is : we have a log file where in i need to traverse through the whole file to check the string "Person Type missing in message" and after that i need to get EMPLID=xxxxxx from the file and print details in a different file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren424
1 Replies
getcon(3)						     SELinux API documentation							 getcon(3)

NAME
getcon, getprevcon, getpidcon - get SELinux security context of a process. freecon, freeconary - free memory associated with SELinux security contexts. getpeercon - get security context of a peer socket. setcon - set current security context of a process. SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> int getcon(security_context_t *context); int getprevcon(security_context_t *context); int getpidcon(pid_t pid, security_context_t *context); int getpeercon(int fd, security_context_t *context); void freecon(security_context_t con); void freeconary(security_context_t *con); int setcon(security_context_t context); DESCRIPTION
getcon retrieves the context of the current process, which must be free'd with freecon. getprevcon same as getcon but gets the context before the last exec. getpidcon returns the process context for the specified PID. getpeercon retrieves context of peer socket, and set *context to refer to it, which must be free'd with freecon. freecon frees the memory allocated for a security context. freeconary frees the memory allocated for a context array. If con is NULL, no operation is performed. setcon sets the current security context of the process to a new value. Note that use of this function requires that the entire applica- tion be trusted to maintain any desired separation between the old and new security contexts, unlike exec-based transitions performed via setexeccon(3). When possible, decompose your application and use setexeccon() and execve() instead. Since access to file descriptors is revalidated upon use by SELinux, the new context must be explicitly authorized in the policy to use the descriptors opened by the old context if that is desired. Otherwise, attempts by the process to use any existing descriptors (including stdin, stdout, and stderr) after performing the setcon() will fail. A multi-threaded application can perform a setcon() prior to creating any child threads, in which case all of the child threads will inherit the new context. However, setcon() will fail if there are any other threads running in the same process. If the process was being ptraced at the time of the setcon() operation, ptrace permission will be revalidated against the new context and the setcon() will fail if it is not allowed by policy. RETURN VALUE
On error -1 is returned. On success 0 is returned. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), setexeccon(3) russell@coker.com.au 21 December 2011 getcon(3)