Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using a find command in ssh but using local variables? Post 302824795 by Orionizer on Friday 21st of June 2013 02:15:34 PM
Old 06-21-2013
Ok, I tried just to create a test script:

Code:
DAY6=`date -I -d "2 days ago"`

ssh root@synology1 `if [ -d /volume1/Fileserver/$DAY6 ] then echo "Found" fi`

But I get the following error upon execution:

./test.sh: command substitution: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I then changed the back quotes to forward quotes and got the following error:

ash: syntax error: unexpected end of file (expecting "then")

I'm stuck - any ideas on what I need to do?

---------- Post updated at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:13 PM ----------

Ok, that showed up as I was writing my reply. Let me give that a try...

---------- Post updated at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:14 PM ----------

Ok, I changed the command to:

Code:
DAY6=`date -I -d "2 days ago"`

ssh root@synology1 "if [ -d /volume1/Fileserver/$DAY6 ] then echo "Found" fi"

Got the same error message:

ash: syntax error: unexpected end of file (expecting "then")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh with local variables

Hi, I am trying to do an rsh and execute the same script on a distant unix computer. The problem is that I need to get all the local variables of the distant computer to launch correctly my script. I'm working on AIX 4.3.3 I try to execute .profile in the rsh but it seems not to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo_aze
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with global and local variables

Guys, how can I define global variables in sorlaris...cause I lose the values outside the scope. Rite now wat I do is,I redirect variable value to a file n then get it back outside the function...:o....theres obviously a better way of doing this...I now this is a basic question....but please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzv2jm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

'while' loop does not change local variables?!

(I think this question desearves separate thread..) I have a problem with 'while' I am trying to set variables by 'while' and it is fine inside, but after completting the loop all changes are lost: > bb="kkkk - 111\nlllll - 22222\nbbbb - 4444" > echo "$bb" kkkk - 111 lllll - 22222 bbbb -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Command to find the local harddisks of a server ? Including their size

Hi guys How do I find the harddisks in a server ? Rgds Nishant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thevishy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long listing of files using find command on remote server via SSH

Hi , I am trying to find some files on a remote machine using the find command. >ssh -q atukuri@remotehostname find /home/atukuri/ -name abc.txt /home/atukuri/abc.txt The above command works fine and lists the file, but if I want to do a long listing of files (ls -l) its not working . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of ssh command from localhost - direct to local file.

Hi, i'm trying to gather details from remote hosts and want them to be written to my local linux machine from where i'm using SSH. My command looks some thing like this ssh -q remotehost 'bash -s' <command.txt where command.txt is a file in my local machine containing ps -ef |grep httpd |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poga
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find command with variables

I have a number of files in the /tmp directory with PET-DOG in their name. I want to delete them, leaving only files with PET-CAT and PET-HORSE. I'd like to use the find command to locate those files (by using a variable) and then I'd like to delete them. However, I can't find a way to do this. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to have local shell variables in a ksh script seen on remove server in SSH block?

I have googled this and found many solutions, but none of them are working for me. I am in a korn shell, most others reference bsh, maybe that is the issue? Anyway, all I am trying to do is use a variable I have declared in my main script in a remote shell I am running through ssh. So I have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read several variables from command output via SSH

Hi Folks, I'm currently trying to read several values into different variables. Actually, what I'm doing works, but I get an error message. My attempts are: read strCPROC strIPROC strAPROC <<<$(ssh -n -T hscroot@$HMC "lshwres -r proc -m $strIDENT --level sys -F \"configurable_sys_proc_units... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: NKaede
11 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)