Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Logrotate - /etc/logrotate.conf does't exist Post 302824769 by snchaudhari2 on Friday 21st of June 2013 01:27:31 PM
Old 06-21-2013
Thank you!!. It looks fixed it.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: good! One more happy customer! ;-) I changed the thread title.

Last edited by bakunin; 06-23-2013 at 05:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate.conf

I changed the logrotate.conf file to make a new log file to be automatically rotated daily. But after a night, I have not seen the rotated file. When does this rotation happen? I mean what is the exact time? In addition, do I have to restart what deamon to make the change take effect? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set size in logrotate.conf

Hi,guys: recently,i am puzzled by a question .when i create a new file named by /etc/logrotate.d/debug. The cont. is listed as follow: /var/log/debug { rotate 3 missingok notifempty size=2k prerotate /bin/kill -HUP `cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: icehero
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate bug?

I have been mailing myself logs for a while, but just ran into a problem because of a process that cannot HUP its log. (I realize thats why they implemented the "copytruncate" option in the first place) When I use logrotate with "copytruncate" and "compress" there is a problem. The "myScript"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate with /etc/logrotate.conf file

Hi there, I want to rotate the logfiles which are located in /var/log/jboss/tomcat* so I have created a file named as 'tomat' in /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat with the following content. # cat /etc/logrotate.d/tomcat /var/log/jboss/tomcat_access_log*.log { daily nocreate ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

5. Linux

LogRotate

Hi I am trying to rotate specific log by using logrotate function in unix I have made following entry in the /etc/logrotate.conf file /var/log/testlog/debug_log { daily rotate 7 create compress } But only issue is that my other logs like /var/log/messages,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Some questions about Logrotate.conf

Hi all, I have to configure the logrotate.conf file on some Linux RedHat servers. So, by default I seen the file is as follow: # see "man logrotate" for details # rotate log files weekly weekly # keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs rotate 4 # create new (empty) log files after rotating... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

7. Linux

Logrotate every 15days

Hi all, I have been asked to configure logrotate for a perticular log file for every 15 days. I do not find options other than weekly or monthly.Need you expertise on the same:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
0 Replies

8. SuSE

Which logs to logrotate?

Hi all We've had new servers coming in and one of the requirement was to keep logs for up to 8 months. I know logrotate can do the job, but by default (on Suse Enterprise10, 11) we have these logs in /etc/logrotate.d dir as default logs which are rotated: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 140 Jul... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logrotate - I am not able to rotate files using logrotate

I have written script which is working in Home directory perfectly and also compressing log files and rotating correctly. But, when i try to run script for /var/log/ i am able to get compressed log files but not able to get rotation of compressed log files. Please suggest. I am using below command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
5 Replies

10. AIX

Logrotate.conf

Hey Admins, I have installed logrotate on AIX server. I want to configure it for 1. /var/log/messages – keep 90 days, i.e., weekly rotate 13 2. Syslog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 3. Wtmp – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 4. Sulog – keep 90 days i.e., weekly rotate 13 What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-m mbytes] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. MEMORY CONSIDERATIONS
makedeltarpm normally needs about three to four times the size of the rpm's uncompressed payload. You can use the -m option to enable a sliding block algorithm that needs mbytes megabytes of memory. This trades memory usage with the size of the created deltarpm. Furthermore, the uncompressed deltarpm payload is currently also stored in memory when this option is used, but it tends to be small in most cases. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Jul 2010 MAKEDELTARPM(8)