Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete a column/columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "? Post 302824381 by Yoda on Thursday 20th of June 2013 07:54:18 PM
Old 06-20-2013
Please use code tags for posting data samples.

Here is an awk approach that might work for your data:
Code:
awk -F, 'NR==1{NF-=3}NF>1{sub(/",.*/,"\"")}1' OFS=, file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace "," with "." only in specific columns of a file?

Hi all, I have this text file containing 9 columns separated by space. The 8th columns contains the numbers. C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 C8 C9 er rt yt gh iu nk il 0.07 xs yt lr ty bg iu zk nh 0,0005 lt ...etc. I want to replace the comma with full stop only in 8th coloumn. the output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing between repeated entries based on the "absolute values" of a column

Hello, I was looking for a way to select between the repeated entries (column1) based on the values of absolute values of column 3 (larger value). For example if the same gene id has FC value -2 and 1, I should get the output as -2. Kindly help. GeneID Description FC ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with CSV files values enclosed with ""

I have a CSV file as shown below "1","SANTHA","KUMAR","SAM,MILLER","DEVELOPER","81,INDIA" "2","KAPIL","DHAMI","ECO SPORT","DEVELOPER","82,INDIA" File is comma delimited.All the field values are enclosed by double quotes. But while using awk or cut, it interprets the comma which is present in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhansk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the commas in a .CSV file that are enclosed in a string with double quotes?

Okay, I would like to delete all the commas in a .CSV file (TEST.CSV) or at least substitute them with empty space, that are enclosed in double quote. Please see the sample file as below: column 1,column 2,column 3,column 4,column 5,column 6,column 7,column 8,column 9,column 10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

6. Linux

To get all the columns in a CSV file based on unique values of particular column

cat sample.csv ID,Name,no 1,AAA,1 2,BBB,1 3,AAA,1 4,BBB,1 cut -d',' -f2 sample.csv | sort | uniq this gives only the 2nd column values Name AAA BBB How to I get all the columns of CSV along with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanvel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "?

Hi How can I delete a columns from a CSV file which has comma separated value with a string enclosed in double quotes or square bracket and a comma in between? I have a csv file with below format. Template,Target Server,Target Component,Rule Group,Rule,Rule Reference Number,Rule... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing "." with "GG" in a certain column of a file that has heading

Hi, all, I have a file that looks like: ## XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ## YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY #AA AB AC AD AE AF AG AH AI AJ AK AL 20 60039 60039 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)