Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Install deb from alternate usb Post 302824343 by DGPickett on Thursday 20th of June 2013 05:00:15 PM
Old 06-20-2013
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to install usb stick on Ultra 5 workstation?

anyone have directions? running solaris 9 thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. SCO

How to Install and Configure USB Printer in SCO 6

I'm new in SCO 6. I installed SCO 6 with NIC driver Properly. But I cann't install and Configure USB Printer In SCO 6. Any one help me? email: address deleted by the moderator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karzon
0 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 6.0 MP 3 USB-UDI install fails

Hi All, When I install SCO 6.0 maintenance package 3 I get some mails: Message 338: From root Tue Nov 20 12:39:15 2007 From: Superuser <root@hocopart.hocoparts.local> X-Mailer: SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 Mail To: root@hocopart.hocoparts.local Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:39:15 +0100 (CET)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frederik1
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install a new system from a usb key

Hi everybody, I have several computers that are configured to install when I plug them on the network. The hard drive come's empty, but I think they have a parameter in the BIOS that allow the machines to install from the network. My problem is that in most cases, available bw is weak and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to install fedora 13 from a usb media....it should not like 'live'?

im using Dell Inspiron with windows 7 as operating system.....in my hard drive there is some 34 gb unpartitioned space and now i want to install fedora 13 into it, after installation it should be dual boot. problem here is... i have the fedora 13 image file ie fedora13-i386-DVD.iso file. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik437
13 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

How to install grub on USB flash drive?

I wanna install grub on my flash drive for rescue usage. My computer installs winxp, and I have fedora12 installed in vmware. I did like this: step1: format the flash drive as FAT in winXP. step2: in fedora12, mount the flash drive on /media/flash step3: excute the command: grub-install... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

install redhat linux 5 into usb disk

Hi, I have 2 question. 1)how can I install the redhat linux 5 into USB disk and boot from USB disk forever. 2) how can I backup an existing redhat linux from hd to USB by disk image and make the USB bootable afterward , so I can use usb disk to boot the linux in another machine .... Please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 install via live usb

Hello All, I am attempting to boot and install Solaris 11 via live USB on a HP DL580 Gen9 Server. Unfortunately, when I do this it boots into System Maintenance Mode. The attachment (Pic1) shows what I am seeing via the console. The BIOS is in UEFI boot. Does not work on legacy mode as I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerbi
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't install 11.3 from USB on 5220

Hi, I have T5220 sparc server and I want to install Solaris 11.3 on that. From notes, I know that 11.4 will not be supported. It is old server, which had hardware RAID (with SAS card). I removed connection from that card and directly inserted both cables on motherboard because I want to get rid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
CHECK-SYMBOLS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECK-SYMBOLS(1)

NAME
check-symbols - verify symbols exported by a new library version SYNOPSIS
check-symbols <source-package> [DEBDIR] DESCRIPTION
To verify the symbols exported by a new library version, run check-symbols with the name of the source package as argument. check-symbols will first determine the symbols exported by the existing and installed library version, then install the new library and compare the sym- bols exported by the new library version with the symbols exported by the old version. For each of the symbols found, check-symbols will list if the symbol is new, unchanged or has been removed in the new library version. In case the source package contains multiple binary library packages, all library files in each of the binary packages will be verified. check-symbols uses nm -D to determine the exported symbols of the libraries. If no value is given for DEBDIR, the script will assume the new library deb files are stored in /var/cache/pbuilder/result. EXAMPLES
check-symbols telepathy-glib . This will: o Use nm -D to determine the exported symbols of the old, installed versions of the libraries provided by telepathy-glib. o Install the binary libraries provided by the new version of telepathy-glib. o Compare the output of nm -D of the new libraries with the output of the old version. o List the result in diff format. BUGS
Please report bugs on: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-dev-tools/ SEE ALSO
nm(1) AUTHOR
check-symbols was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@ubuntu.com> and this manpage by Albert Damen <albrt@gmx.net>. Both are licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2. ubuntu-dev-tools December 9, 2007 CHECK-SYMBOLS(1)