Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create a simple web portal/GUI to execute scripts? Post 302824223 by poops on Thursday 20th of June 2013 11:17:12 AM
Old 06-20-2013
Thanks all for the starting point

Didn't give security much of a thought! It will be for personal use initially. My eventual intention was to open the tool to everyone, but looks like that will be much further down the line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

web portal <--> linux configuration

dear experts, i m newbies of linux. i found that my linux server does not support the webportal links, causing the filing system in the webportal dissapear as well. i suspect 1st: configuration of linux not set properly, 2nd: access link lost for the filing system. please give me a rough idea... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clemeot
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for shell scripts

I want to create a GUI which runs shell scripts in the background. What should I use for creating that GUI. I would be nice if you could point me to some resources where I can learn to create a GUI (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for bash scripts?

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a way to build a GUI for various bash scripts I've written. Is there any "good" way to do it? I've heard about python/gtk+,qt and other stuff, but I've absolutely no idea where I should look at. Thanks a lot in advance! Regards, xenator EDIT: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xenator
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create A Simple GUI For Shell Script

Hi all! Im wondering if its possible to create a GUI for a shell script I just got done writing as the people that will be using it dont like the command line all to well. Just something simple with radio buttons to select options, maybe a text field to enter a location to save the file generated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Web gui for mail?

I am using Solaris 10, and would like a web gui for mail or can replace the mail server if needed, it doesnt need to be anything elaborate, just something where i can view mail via a web browser rather than command line and hitting 'd' a 1000 times to delete all my cron job mails etc :p I've... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for cshell scripts

Hi, I want to know whether it is possible to use GUI for cshell scripts? Thanks Sarbjit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for shell scripts

what GUI can be used with shell scripting for example if i want to say hello in prompted window thnx in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semosam
3 Replies

8. Fedora

Automatically execute a software without gui at boot

hi all, this is my first post here...i hope that this is the correct section to write my question. I have a distro linux without gui, only text mode. So, it's possible run automatically a command or a program as "top" or "ping" and get the result on the main shell , after the boot and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangiaemi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a GUI from where in we can execute unix commands

Hello Experts, In my current job I need to upgrade a web GUI to execute Unix commands in a server....I am completely new to programming--So can anyone here help me out with initial steps... Please notice that statement completely new to programming means-I never did it, SO I might keep on coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhadi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies
SPI_CURSOR_OPEN_WITH_PARAMLIST(3)			  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation			 SPI_CURSOR_OPEN_WITH_PARAMLIST(3)

NAME
SPI_cursor_open_with_paramlist - set up a cursor using parameters SYNOPSIS
Portal SPI_cursor_open_with_paramlist(const char *name, SPIPlanPtr plan, ParamListInfo params, bool read_only) DESCRIPTION
SPI_cursor_open_with_paramlist sets up a cursor (internally, a portal) that will execute a statement prepared by SPI_prepare. This function is equivalent to SPI_cursor_open except that information about the parameter values to be passed to the query is presented differently. The ParamListInfo representation can be convenient for passing down values that are already available in that format. It also supports use of dynamic parameter sets via hook functions specified in ParamListInfo. The passed-in parameter data will be copied into the cursor's portal, so it can be freed while the cursor still exists. ARGUMENTS
const char * name name for portal, or NULL to let the system select a name SPIPlanPtr plan prepared statement (returned by SPI_prepare) ParamListInfo params data structure containing parameter types and values; NULL if none bool read_only true for read-only execution RETURN VALUE
Pointer to portal containing the cursor. Note there is no error return convention; any error will be reported via elog. PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 SPI_CURSOR_OPEN_WITH_PARAMLIST(3)