Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace partial of string in file? Post 302824159 by in2nix4life on Thursday 20th of June 2013 09:25:20 AM
Old 06-20-2013
Code:
sed 's/\(ABC=\).*/\1456/g' file

ABC=456
CDE=122
DEF=456
ABC=456
DED=333
ABC=456

This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete line from file if successful partial string found

Id like to delete a line from a file using (preferably a single line unix command) if it contains a certain string pattern. If line contains "abcdef" then delete that line. Help greatly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cronjob78
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get partial numbers from a string

Hi Everyone, I have: $val="QQ3_1899_CD4". The output will be: 1899. I did $val =~ /(\d+)/g; the output is 318994, then i use substr to get those 1899. This is not efficient. Is any simple way, like just one line can do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl get partial string of a string

Hi All, I have: $d = "12.02222222222"; $d =~ s/(.*).(.*)/$1/e; The output should be just 12. Please guide me my expression wrong. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace space partial

source "PUT 810 712 0001 ILC AK4 00 0 00 00" It needs to be changed to "PUT,810,712,0001,ILC,AK4 00 0 00 00" Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: janex
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace partial string

I have a list of strings in file: 10 10 AAA 120 13 BBBBB 23 11 CCCCC 11 32 DDDDDD I want to replace first column of the text such as: 10, 129, 23, 11 with 11, 22, 33, 44. I can do line by line, but just not sure how to replace partial string without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ford99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Match and Replace

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file like this one. I need to do a partial match of a particular cell and then replace matches with an empty cell. So here is a sample: Smith FordMustang ChevroletCamaro Miller FordFiesta Jones KiaSorrento Davis ChevroletCamaro Johnson ToyotaHighlander I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)						 1						  PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)

preg_replace_callback - Perform a regular expression search and replace using a callback

SYNOPSIS
mixed preg_replace_callback (mixed $pattern, callable $callback, mixed $subject, [int $limit = -1], [int &$count]) DESCRIPTION
The behavior of this function is almost identical to preg_replace(3), except for the fact that instead of $replacement parameter, one should specify a $callback. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern to search for. It can be either a string or an array with strings. o $callback - A callback that will be called and passed an array of matched elements in the $subject string. The callback should return the replacement string. This is the callback signature: string handler (array $matches) You'll often need the $callback function for a preg_replace_callback(3) in just one place. In this case you can use an anonymous function to declare the callback within the call to preg_replace_callback(3). By doing it this way you have all information for the call in one place and do not clutter the function namespace with a callback function's name not used anywhere else. Example #1 preg_replace_callback(3) and anonymous function <?php /* a unix-style command line filter to convert uppercase * letters at the beginning of paragraphs to lowercase */ $fp = fopen("php://stdin", "r") or die("can't read stdin"); while (!feof($fp)) { $line = fgets($fp); $line = preg_replace_callback( '|<p>s*w|', function ($matches) { return strtolower($matches[0]); }, $line ); echo $line; } fclose($fp); ?> o $subject - The string or an array with strings to search and replace. o $limit - The maximum possible replacements for each pattern in each $subject string. Defaults to -1 (no limit). o $count - If specified, this variable will be filled with the number of replacements done. RETURN VALUES
preg_replace_callback(3) returns an array if the $subject parameter is an array, or a string otherwise. On errors the return value is NULL If matches are found, the new subject will be returned, otherwise $subject will be returned unchanged. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | The $count parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #2 preg_replace_callback(3) example <?php // this text was used in 2002 // we want to get this up to date for 2003 $text = "April fools day is 04/01/2002 "; $text.= "Last christmas was 12/24/2001 "; // the callback function function next_year($matches) { // as usual: $matches[0] is the complete match // $matches[1] the match for the first subpattern // enclosed in '(...)' and so on return $matches[1].($matches[2]+1); } echo preg_replace_callback( "|(d{2}/d{2}/)(d{4})|", "next_year", $text); ?> The above example will output: April fools day is 04/01/2003 Last christmas was 12/24/2002 Example #3 preg_replace_callback(3) using recursive structure to handle encapsulated BB code <?php $input = "plain [indent] deep [indent] deeper [/indent] deep [/indent] plain"; function parseTagsRecursive($input) { $regex = '#[indent]((?:[^[]|[(?!/?indent])|(?R))+)[/indent]#'; if (is_array($input)) { $input = '<div style="margin-left: 10px">'.$input[1].'</div>'; } return preg_replace_callback($regex, 'parseTagsRecursive', $input); } $output = parseTagsRecursive($input); echo $output; ?> SEE ALSO
PCRE Patterns, preg_quote(3), preg_replace(3), preg_last_error(3), Anonymous functions, information about the callback type. PHP Documentation Group PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)