Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account
Operating Systems HP-UX User account Post 302823959 by vbe on Thursday 20th of June 2013 04:17:50 AM
Old 06-20-2013
We would need to know a bit more on your architecture, (paltform, OS and version, using shadow? ot TCB?) and the context
Quote:
Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise.
What was the audit doing?
I saw cases (audit...) with active intrusion attempts, resulting in some users account to be disabled...
So you would have to explain what is the claim... ( and kind of disablement...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creatin user account

hi all, i m tryin to create a new account on the unix work station. do i use 'useradd' command? can u guyz advice on the usage of 'useradd' command as it can comes with 'useradd -D' or 'useradd -e' thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all user account

I have a question about show all create user account. What commend do that thank`s for your help :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. AIX

user account priviledges

Hi Admins, As per my knowledge there are two types of user accounts in unix. root and normal users. If there are any user types for which we can give some priviledges..? Actually i want to restrict root access and create new accounts for admins with some of the priviledges. Please let me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies
audit(2)							   System Calls 							  audit(2)

NAME
audit - write a record to the audit log SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lbsm -lsocket -lnsl [ library... ] #include <sys/param.h> #include <bsm/libbsm.h> int audit(caddr_t record, int length); DESCRIPTION
The audit() function queues a record for writing to the system audit log. The data pointed to by record is queued for the log after a mini- mal consistency check, with the length parameter specifying the size of the record in bytes. The data should be a well-formed audit record as described by audit.log(4). The kernel validates the record header token type and length, and sets the time stamp value before writing the record to the audit log. The kernel does not do any preselection for user-level generated events. If the audit policy is set to include sequence or trailer tokens, the kernel will append them to the record. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The audit() function will fail if: E2BIG The record length is greater than the maximum allowed record length. EFAULT The record argument points outside the process's allocated address space. EINVAL The header token in the record is invalid. ENOTSUP Solaris Audit is not defined for this system. EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_AUDIT} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. USAGE
Only privileged processes can successfully execute this call. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), audit(1M), auditd(1M), svcadm(1M), auditon(2), getaudit(2), audit.log(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Solaris Auditing has been enabled and the audit daemon auditd(1M) has not been disabled by audit(1M) or svcadm(1M). See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.11 16 Apr 2008 audit(2)