Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk syntax problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk syntax problem Post 302823615 by Yoda on Wednesday 19th of June 2013 02:39:07 PM
Old 06-19-2013
Yes, I noticed few syntax errors and corrected them, but I didn't test it.

Did you try running it? Are you getting the expected output?

If no, post a sample from input file and desired output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote awk syntax problem

Hi there If i run this command on my Linux box directly, i get the desired result # ipmitool fru | gawk '!NF{f=0}/mb.net0.fru/{f=1}/Product Serial/&&f{print $NF}' 00:AA:4F:A6:A6:C4 however, if i try to run it from a remote server (using SSH) and populating a variable with the result,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Programming

Syntax Problem in Query

Hey guys, i am having a problem in my query statement. I am using Mysql in Netbeans and c++. What i am trying to do is for the user to enter a certain value and then the program will store the value into the database... string NewMovie ; Cout <<" Enter your new movie : " << endl ; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregarion
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with syntax using awk

Hi Guys, When below code is executed in script, I get desired output in output file. awk 'NR >= $start_line && NR <= 3' master_scriptlist.txt > $driver1/scriptlist.txtBut when i replace 3 with a variable end_line=3, I do not get ouput. See code below. Is there any problem with syntax awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk syntax

Hi, Below is the code I am using. I am trying to list only those numbers which has a + symbol in it cat num | awk -F"+" '{if (/^$/) { } else {if ( $0 ~ egrep "^+$" ) { if ( $0 ~ grep "+" ) {print $0} } }}' I am getting the following error: awk: 0602-521 There is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Problem with awk

Hello, I have perl script,which take some part of data in the file. the below command works fine in normal cmd prompt. `awk '/CDI/ && // && !/Result for/ {print $3 $5 > "final.txt"}' datalist.txt`; `nawk -F"" '{print $2}' finalcdi.txt`; But not working. Please use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk syntax error problem asking

Input file: 703 1192 720 1162 316 380 1810 439 1969 874 Desired output file: 3 3 awk code that I tried: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
SSERVER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							SSERVER(8)

NAME
sserver - sample Kerberos version 5 server SYNOPSIS
sserver [ -p port ] [ -S keytab ] [ server_port ] DESCRIPTION
sserver and sclient are a simple demonstration client/server application. When sclient connects to sserver, it performs a Kerberos authen- tication, and then sserver returns to sclient the Kerberos principal which was used for the Kerberos authentication. It makes a good test that Kerberos has been successfully installed on a machine. The service name used by sserver and sclient is sample. Hence, sserver will require that there be a keytab entry for the service "sam- ple/hostname.domain.name@REALM.NAME". This keytab is generated using the kadmin(8) program. The keytab file is usually installed as "/etc/krb5.keytab". The -S option allows for a different keytab than the default. sserver is normally invoked out of inetd(8), using a line in /etc/inetd.conf that looks like this: sample stream tcp nowait root /usr/kerberos/sbin/sserver sserver Since sample is normally not a port defined in /etc/services, you will usually have to add a line to /etc/services which looks like this: sample 13135/tcp When using sclient, you will first have to have an entry in the Kerberos database, by using kadmin(8), and then you have to get Kerberos tickets, by using kinit(8). Also, if you are running the sclient program on a different host than the sserver it will be connecting to, be sure that both hosts have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port, and that the same port number is in both files. When you run sclient you should see something like this: sendauth succeeded, reply is: reply len 32, contents: You are nlgilman@JIMI.MIT.EDU COMMON ERROR MESSAGES
1) kinit returns the error: kinit: Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials This means that you didn't create an entry for your username in the Kerberos database. 2) sclient returns the error: unknown service sample/tcp; check /etc/services This means that you don't have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port. 3) sclient returns the error: connect: Connection refused This probably means you didn't edit /etc/inetd.conf correctly, or you didn't restart inetd after editing inetd.conf. 4) sclient returns the error: sclient: Server not found in Kerberos database while using sendauth This means that the "sample/hostname@LOCAL.REALM" service was not defined in the Kerberos database; it should be created using kadmin, and a keytab file needs to be generated to make the key for that service principal available for ssclient. 5) sclient returns the error: sendauth rejected, error reply is: " No such file or directory" This probably means sserver couldn't find the keytab file. It was probably not installed in the proper directory. SEE ALSO
sclient(1), services(5), inetd(8) SSERVER(8)