Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Invalid null command error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invalid null command error Post 302823593 by juzz4fun on Wednesday 19th of June 2013 01:51:42 PM
Old 06-19-2013
I understand that... even I don't like csh.. Smilie
but the thing is that I am modifying an existing shell script....which was primarily written for csh... this is very huge script... am working on a very small part of it..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

01.30 Invalid shell error

Hi, I am getting the error 01.30 Invalid shell error I am running the bash shell script in the korn login shell. I have mentioned the #!/bin/bash statement in the my script but not sure why it is giving this error to me.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invalid Command Name

I have telnet to a machine and executed some commands in it. pls see below : #!/usr/bin/expect spawn telnet 170.10.11.1 2100 expect "login:" send username\r expect "password:" send password\r expect "$" send "touch filetest\r" expect "$" send exit\r expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharsan23
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invalid null command

#! /bin/csh set pattern = "" set deli = | foreach i ( `cat pattern`) set pattern = "$pattern$deli$i" end all i want to accomplish is create a string a|b|c, but instead I got an invalid null command error, thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

?Invalid Command

when i am executing the script i am getting ?Invalid command though the script is right. Could any one please let me know how to overcome this problem. Urgent Please Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd: ERROR: invalid syntax

Hello - I have the below script syncToken=None;\ forceDeleteUserHome=true;\ nisPwdDir=/etc;\ mirrorFilesLocation=/etc/connector_mirror_files;\ removeHomeDirContents=true;\ shadow=false;\ connectorPrompt=#;\ nisBuildDirectory=/var/yp;\ PGROUP=nogroup;\ COMMENTS='Comments\\ with\\... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

ERROR[55]: Invalid or inaccessible system ID

Hi all, I was changing a motherboard which has the MP console down on an rx4640. I am receiving the following error: ERROR: Invalid or inaccessible system ID(s) then it takes me to the EFI where it doesn't boot from the primary path. I contacted a colleague who already replaced two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MazenH
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error: invalid reference

Hello all, I am using sed to parse a particular part of a string and am having problems. I am getting the following error: sed: -e expression #1, char 28: invalid reference \1 on `s' command's RHS Here is the code I am using: echo "Alarm SET:" echo "" echo "Date: " $DATE echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundwall
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - Invalid command

Hi All, OS - Linux I wrote a ftp program to download a file. the file is downloading successfully, but a negative message is prompting. i placed set -vx in code to trace. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -vx st_date=$(date) Logfile=/home/user/ftp_dwnload.$st_date.log cd /home/usr/data/ print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop read command and print valid invalid states.?

My question is how would i loop a read command to keep asking the user for input and eventually print the no. of valid invalid inputs after a specified control input typed i.e. (-3). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Flowoftruth
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Eeprom security-mode=command cause invalid login

Hi there, In Solaris 8. I have accidentally set the eeprom security-mode=command because I followed the CIS benchmark guideline. Initally, it was eeprom security-mode=none. I have tried to login with the correct password numerous time and it still say permission denied. I have tried to login... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
4 Replies