Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing permissions from all users including owner Post 302823005 by bruski4 on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 01:56:49 PM
Old 06-18-2013
Unix Smilie

---------- Post updated at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:53 PM ----------

sorry, windows xp professional 2002 is what my computer runs. The developers' may be different, but I doubt it

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine owner directory permissions from within the directory

From within a directory, how do I determine whether I have write permission for it. test -w pwd ; echo ? This doesn't work as it returns false, even though I have write permission. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy owner permissions to group

Hi, I need a command or a script to change the group permissions to be the same as the owner permissions for all my files and directories (recursive) any idea ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

different permissions to different users

Hi, how can I assign different permissions to different users in unix ? I want to allow userA to read a specific folder and deny read permission to userB thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I assign permissions only for some users ?

I know how to change permissions for the owner, group or others. if I want a file readable for a group A of users and writable for a group B how can I do it ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Permissions appear different for local and OD users

If I look at the permissions of a folder on a network share while using a local admin account on my computer, then authenticating as a open directory user to connect to the share, they appear completely different than if I had logged in as an OD user and looked at it, it also appears different from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find to search for any owner having execute permissions.

Hi I need help. I need to use find (or grep I don't care) to recursively search for files who have any kind of executable permissions (group and/or owner and/or other). I am looking for *.c and *.h This what I am using now: find . -name *.h -perm -111 -print but I don't want to retype that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dissectcode
4 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script for adding users to file permissions

I need a script to add the following two users ids to the permissions for various files: IIS_WPG and IUSR_CowGirl. I am fairly familiar with scripting but haven't been able to figure out how to do this via a script. Manually doing it is slow. I don't want to create users but only add them to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stu Loventhal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for adding users to file permissions

I need a script to add the following two users ids to the permissions for various files: IIS_WPG and IUSR_CowGirl. I am fairly familiar with scripting but haven't been able to figure out how to do this via a script. Manually doing it is slow. I don't want to create users but only add them to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stu Loventhal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permissions on a directory in /home for all users

Hi, I have created a shared directory on /home, where all users on a certain group have read, write and execute permissions. I did this using chmod -R g+rwx /home/shared/ The problem is, when a particular user creates a directory within /home/shared, other users are not able to write to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
8 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)