Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I modify my script to include or substitute missing data? Post 302822995 by fsanchez on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 01:16:44 PM
Old 06-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ice
your issue may be with your data ... confirm what are in samp12c, samp12.txt, samp12a, samp12b.txt and samp12.txt as soon as you get the erroneous data and then also check the file containing the raw data for anything that seems out of place ...
My apologies!!! I just realized there was an error in the version of the script file that I posted. I have edited the script file code to be correct now.

Last edited by fsanchez; 06-18-2013 at 02:24 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include the missing column in the original file using awk

Hi Experts, The content of the raw file: date,nomsgsent,nomsgnotdeliver,nomsgdelay 201003251000,1000,1,2 201003251000,900,0,0 201003251000,1450,0,0 201003251000,1230,0,0 However, sometimes, the column will missing in the raw files: e.g. date,nomsgsent,nomsgdelay... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed question to substitute data in \2

Hi All, Here is what I'm trying to do with sed: Input File: somechangeVariable1=Something I would like to change somechangeVariable2=Something else I would like to change ... Output File: somechangeVariable1=Something I would like to different somechangeVariable2=Something else I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peace_Dude1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file

using awk to substitute data in a column delimited text file hello i would like to use awk to do the following calculation from the following snippet. input file C;2390 ;CV BOUILLOTTE 2L 2FACES NERVUREES ;1.00 ;3552612239004;13417 ;25 ;50 ; 12;50000 ; ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iindie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute partial data only within a xml tag

Hello, I have huge xml files and I need to replace only part of the data within a particular xml tag. This doesnt seem to be as simple as it sounds. I have searched everywhere and couldnt find any solution. Ex: In the below case I would like "def" to be replaced by "xyz" only when found in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify the script to include cat function

I have the following script that greps lines containing "AT" from data files data1.hsq through data1000.hsq, then cuts their second column and puts in data files called perm1 through perm1000. I want to modify the script so that instead of putting the data in separate data files perm1 through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking missing data's sequence (shell script | UNIX command)

Dear All members, i have some trouble here, i want to ask your help. The case is: I have some data, it's like: -ABCD1234 -ABCD1235 -ABCD1237 -BCDE1111 -BCDE1112 -BCDE1114 there is some missing data's sequence (the format is: ABCD = name 1234 = sequence). I want to print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septian.tri
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify Column Data using Shell Script

HI Guys, Input :- P081 wr1 12p0d5: 22.8 P081 wr1 12p2d18: 23.1 P149 wr1 1pxcud6/port_0_dev_7: 20.4 P149 wr1 1pxcud4/port_1_dev_10: 22.4 OutputP081 wr1 120 22.8 P081 wr1 122 23.1 P149 wr1 10 20.4 P149 wr1 11 22.4 In in First two line delete p and after d untill : In Last two line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify blocks of text by printing missing columns

Hi Experts, I have a problem where I want to print missing columns (3,4) within a block of text. Each block is separated by "###". Some rows have missing column 3 and 4 which should be same as the previous value in column 3 and 4. The file is space delimited. For example: INPUT ###... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
5 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)