Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account
Operating Systems HP-UX User account Post 302822977 by cyriac_N on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 12:53:12 PM
Old 06-18-2013
User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server.

Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creatin user account

hi all, i m tryin to create a new account on the unix work station. do i use 'useradd' command? can u guyz advice on the usage of 'useradd' command as it can comes with 'useradd -D' or 'useradd -e' thanks :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: damian
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all user account

I have a question about show all create user account. What commend do that thank`s for your help :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deux
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can distingiush user account

example root::0:3::/:/sbin/sh daemon:*:1:5::/:/sbin/sh bin:*:2:2::/usr/bin:/sbin/sh sys:*:3:3::/: adm:*:4:4::/var/adm:/sbin/sh uucp:*:5:3::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico lp:*:9:7::/var/spool/lp:/sbin/sh nuucp:*:11:11::/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lbin/uucp/uucico... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suspend a user account?

Hi, guys. I have two questions: I need to write a script, which can show all the non-suspended users on system, and suspend the selected user account. There are two things I am not sure: 1. How can I suspend user's account? What I think is: add a string to the encrypted password in shadow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

8. AIX

user account priviledges

Hi Admins, As per my knowledge there are two types of user accounts in unix. root and normal users. If there are any user types for which we can give some priviledges..? Actually i want to restrict root access and create new accounts for admins with some of the priviledges. Please let me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newsol
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies
auth(5) 							File Formats Manual							   auth(5)

Name
       auth - auth database

Description
       The  database is a repository of security-relevant information about each user of the system. This database contains the encrypted password
       associated with the user's account in addition to a list of assorted capabilities.  The database is stored as an database in the files  and
       Records are retrieved with the library routine.	Access to the database is restricted to the superuser and members of the group

Auth records may be converted to an ASCII representation whose format is:
       1000:4KvidFYwovnwp3j8lll78dC1:1920129:3600:2678400:03:0:1000:0:00:00
       The first field is the UID of the entry that is used as the key into the database. Then follows:

Encrypted Password
		      This  is the user's encrypted password. Whether this password or the one from the file is actually used is determined by the
		      security level that the system is running at.

Password Modification Time
		      This is the time(2) the password was last set.

Minimum Password Lifetime
		      This is the minimum number of seconds which must elapse between setting passwords.

Maximum Password Lifetime
		      This is the maximum period of time for which the password will be valid.

Account Mask   These are capabilities pertaining to the account itself.	They are:

1 A_ENABLE: this account is enabled.
			 2 A_CHANGE_PASSWORD: The user can change his or her password.
			 4 A_ENTER_PASSWORD: The user is not required to use machine-generated passwords.

Login Failure Count
		      This is the count of unsuccessful login attempts since the last successful login.

Audit ID       Positive integer identifier used in generating audit records for the user.

Audit Control  See the reference page, SET_APROC_CNTL section for more information.

Audit Mask     Determines which events will be audited for the user. See the and reference pages for more information.

Restrictions
       Only the superuser and members of the group may read information from the auth database.  Only the superuser may modify the auth database.

Files
See Also
       audcntl(2), getauthuid(3), getpwent(3), edauth(8)

auth(5)