Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep on unique id which has request and response on different lines? Post 302822799 by random_thoughts on Tuesday 18th of June 2013 11:20:23 AM
Old 06-18-2013
I used gensub inside st and ed array to get uids instead of st[13] as follows.
Code:

st[gensub(/.*>([^&]+).*/,"\\1","")]=$2

And I want to use the whole awk on lines which has INFO, How would I do it.

---------- Post updated at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:26 AM ----------

Also in last calculation it should be like this.

Code:

diff=(end*1000+e[7])-(start*1000+s[7])

---------- Post updated at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:47 AM ----------

another block..while running this code of calculating response time ins another funtion i get time in this format
Code:

1.36501e+12

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep unique occurrences

Hi, How do i grep unique occurrences from a file. I have a log file with multiple occurrences of 'foo' for instance. When i do: grep foo, I get all the lines that contain foo. Is there any way to get only one line for foo? Example file: foo at 09.01am Fri 11 May 2007 foo at 09.13am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mz043
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for unique value

If i want to grep for a value in a file but display only unique value then which option can i use. ex: Values in the file IP <1.2.3.4> value <2> IP <1.2.3.4> value <2> IP <1.2.3.4> value <3> IP <1.2.3.5> value <1> i should get only the unique value (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove All Lines Between Two Unique Lines

Hi all! Im wondering if its possible to remove all lines between two lines. Im working with a document like this: data1 data2 <Remove> data3 data4 </Remove> data5 data6 I need it to end up like this if that possible: data1 data2 data5 data6 There are multiple instances of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Unique

Hello, I have a file with a list of car makes and specific information for each make. An example is: @Audi:Warranty @Audi:Pricing @Audi:Colors @Acura:Warranty @Acura:Pricing @Acura:Colors and so on through a bunch of makes. I need to make a list in a selection box of just one name of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macbb1117
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In a huge file, Delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines

Hi All, I have a very huge file (4GB) which has duplicate lines. I want to delete duplicate lines leaving unique lines. Sort, uniq, awk '!x++' are not working as its running out of buffer space. I dont know if this works : I want to read each line of the File in a For Loop, and want to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Request] Copying a file with cp except for the last one or two lines.

Hi folks! I'm new to the unix-side of the world! ;) and I'm trying to learn as much as possible the good stuff that's in it! So.. here comes the point.. as you can see in the title, I need to copy a file but truncating it so that last 1-2 lines are not copied... any suggests from the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: WideMind
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose lines from individual blocks to unique lines

Hello to all, happy new year 2013! May somebody could help me, is about a very similar problem to the problem I've posted here where the member rdrtx1 and bipinajith helped me a lot. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/211147-map-values-blocks-single-line-2.html It is very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression for XML request and response

Hi Gents, I am having a xml request, I need to match the entire paragraph in unix regex. Can some one please provide me the regex for unix. I need to embed this in a shell script. Below is the XML. I am bit weak in regular expression. Regex *testameykamble* here testameykamble is my key... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print unique lines without sort or unique

I would like to print unique lines without sort or unique. Unfortunately the server I am working on does not have sort or unique. I have not been able to contact the administrator of the server to ask him to add it for several weeks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies